Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2009, 12:37 PM

mdracer;nothing wrong with the shakespeare tidewater rods. They work fine, it's just that there are many others out there that cost more and are a bit more expensive. As my shakespeare tidewater rods get replaced, I like the penn senator. It has the "slick butt" to help get it out of the rodholder and it has a middle roller guide as well as at the tip. The rod was on sale at Clydes last year for $70. I think thats a good price, but I don't know if it will be on sale again this year. 5th (Marty)
Old 12-01-2009, 12:52 PM

"Just Curious".....

Interesting title for this thread....

Baldzilla and JoeDirt were "just curious" that night they were alone together....

Old 12-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Baldzilla

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
"Just Curious".....

Interesting title for this thread....

Baldzilla and JoeDirt were "just curious" that night they were alone together....

Thought we were gonna try to clean this board up...obviously Slayer is not doing his part
Old 12-01-2009, 06:26 PM

Greg, I am saving my surplus reels and rods for my kids when they get their own boats....which is now getting darn close. As for me, I have quite a bit of stuff passed down to me that I still use, even several penn international 12h marlin reels still going strong. And I really like having them just from where they came from. So I would say it's not worth selling them, save them for your boy.....but sell that fish hook thing you use to hold the fish up for pictures! Steve
Old 12-01-2009, 06:30 PM

I am thinking of going to all Shimano Charter specials tr2000's. I have a deal I can get on them.

MDracer. Tidewaters are great rods. Durable, cheap and good action. i like em and use them a lot. If they had a stiff butt, al reel seat, and another guide they would be a near perfect rod for striper trolling.