Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-12-2016, 10:03 PM

Default 6/11 rod and reel early start

We left the dock at the rod and reel about 5:00am and headed northeast towards the channel. I noticed that my regular fishing buddy Jay had stashed a banana in his bag(more on that later). So we found the fish on the Lowrance unit on a channel ledge and stopped the boat. We quickly started to catch fish 1-2-3 at a time In the 18-23" range. At this moment my dads rod starts ripping braid and we know he has a nice fish on the end of the line. After a fight we see the fish at the surface (easy 35" plus) I asked my dad if he wanted help and he reached over to grab the fish and blamo (Banana victim number one). We have not lost a keeper fish ALL season at the boat. The fish and many others today wanted a 1oz G-Eye Jigs all black with a glow skirt with a 7" mackerel Bust 'Em Baits
We continued to catch nice fish as we drifted north. I landed a quality over 28" fish on a 1oz key lime g-eye jig and glow skirt with 7"
Ghost minnow bust em. I also used Pro-Cure Bait Scents herring on the lures. So we are catching fish at a pretty good clip and more banana issues. 1. My dad almost falls overboard. 2. Jay catches a nice fish and his knot comes undone and he loses everything. All and all we had a great day. We are sad about the one that "got away" however, we have enough for dinner and that fish can live to fight another day!

Here is a link to my Facebook page with more pics if interested:
https://m.facebook.com/teacherspetfishing/

Take aways:
1. Go early
2. No bananas (really)
3. Help people land nice fish (no asking)
4. Use pro cure
5. Glow skirts are working as of late
6. The black jig head and mackerel are good colors to try
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (16.4 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by longtrav; 06-12-2016 at 10:06 PM.