Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-03-2015, 06:06 PM

Default 7/3 after a LONG break

Haven't fished since Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Went out waaaaay too early today to join the 10,000,000 other boats fishing. Started on Swan Point and went as far as LP buoy. Red hose on planers were the ticket. "Caught" 8 fish and kept 3 of them. Lost 1, maybe 2 at the boat, had a couple shorts, and 2 sickly looking ones. Best depth was around the 30' mark. Marked fish all damn morning but didn't find any that wanted to bite. Finally around 10:30, I got a call the bite had started. We went from a 3 to an 8 count fairly quickly. We were able to put a couple cookie cutters (30.5") in the box and a 26". Fished until 12:30 or so. Everyone that wanted fish to eat, got fish (=good day of fishing ).

Per usual, fun day with No Ragrets!

Old 07-03-2015, 07:05 PM

Great job Jeff. I heard it was a zoo out there this morning. Looks like after most of the charters left, they had good fishing in late afternoon
I heard you had charters from Deale and Chesapeake Beach up in our area today
5th
Old 07-03-2015, 07:46 PM

Figures! I picked up to go get my new boss and his family to take them out for a boat ride. We went by Fort McHenry to celebrate our independence! "AND THE ROCKETS RED GLARE......"

Thought about dropping lines but morning was so tough, I figured why bother? Damn it!! Might have gotten a raise with a couple nice fatties!!

Yes, even the Lucky Strike was spotted off the 1UC She was lookin' good too!!!

Old 07-03-2015, 09:14 PM

Way to go Jeff...You outdid me on the stripers today for sure....

The Zoo was still all over Love Point at 2:00 PM and the head boats were packed in tight spilling out of the Chester as well...

Finally said to h#ll with it and headed up to a great catfish spot off off Swan Point and had a blast with channel cats up to the 26 to 28 inch range for hours...

By the way I was coming up from Tilghman's (story to come later) and it was a ghost town there for the last 3 days...No one was happy and every boat was headed up to the LP area...Weds and Thurs I could have counted the number of fishing boats I saw on one hand...

Anyway congrats and glad to see someone catching some nice fish....

Mike
Old 07-04-2015, 05:37 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Haven't fished since Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Went out waaaaay too early today to join the 10,000,000 other boats fishing. Started on Swan Point and went as far as LP buoy. Red hose on planers were the ticket. "Caught" 8 fish and kept 3 of them. Lost 1, maybe 2 at the boat, had a couple shorts, and 2 sickly looking ones. Best depth was around the 30' mark. Marked fish all damn morning but didn't find any that wanted to bite. Finally around 10:30, I got a call the bite had started. We went from a 3 to an 8 count fairly quickly. We were able to put a couple cookie cutters (30.5") in the box and a 26". Fished until 12:30 or so. Everyone that wanted fish to eat, got fish (=good day of fishing ).

Per usual, fun day with No Ragrets!
I thought we had 28 fish and started cutting the lines because we were tired of reeling them in. That's at least how I remember it.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:13 AM

Glad I stayed on the western shore side and got my couple fish. Finally one time not listening to Marty paid off!
Old 07-04-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ragrets View Post
I thought we had 28 fish and started cutting the lines because we were tired of reeling them in. That's at least how I remember it.
I wasn't planning on telling them EVERYTHING as I don't want a conga line following me around the bay!! Until now, they thought we probably just got lucky or sumthin'.

Mako,
So sounds like you found some fish?? Cool, Marty was really worried and was looking out for you. What a nice boy he is!

Old 07-04-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
I wasn't planning on telling them EVERYTHING as I don't want a conga line following me around the bay!! Until now, they thought we probably just got lucky or sumthin'.

Mako,
So sounds like you found some fish?? Cool, Marty was really worried and was looking out for you. What a nice boy he is!
Yes he is the best! I just wish this planets would align one day where I could actually make one of the trips he invites me on. It's hard for me to support the retired and fish as well!
Old 07-04-2015, 04:20 PM

Support the retired; it's not like I'm asking for the skin off; oh wait you did donate some skin

5th
Old 07-05-2015, 05:59 AM

Glad you got them going. That was flat-out painful.

Our plan was to chum with razor clams ... we rode around and rode around, set up probably 6-7 times but couldn't do anything with those fish. They were on the meter mocking us.

For the afternoon trip, we put out the red hoses. A couple nice fish and a handful of bluefish.

We have burned some serious amounts of fuel this past week. I guess this is payback for all those years we had the fish straight across from us on The Hill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51564_10207201954915895_1039759204_n.jpg (14.5 KB, 10 views)