Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-07-2009, 06:23 PM

Default Sat 11/7 report Chester

I got out this morning with a very small window to fish with small craft warnings at noon forecast because of wind forecasts at 15-20 out of the south gusting higher and going against the tide.

We left the peir about 6:15 and got to just inside the Chester at about 7:10 and almost ran right past a large flock of gulls working just inside of Love Pt. We stopped and messed with the birds, got the skunk off the boat with some small rock, caught on Stingsilvers. Decided we were wasting time messing with these small fish and headed further up the river.

Once pretty far inside the river, I found some boats troling the area and some scattered fish on the meter and decided to drop in four trolling rods. Without my mate on board it took me a while to get them down where I wanted the and not tangling.

We hooked up one 18 1/2 incher on a deep trolled 14 tony, made another cirlce around and one another pass we hooked up a 28+ on teh same rod.

The winds started to pick up and about 9:45 and we decided to get closer to home before it got too bad. I did mark a lot of fish and think given some more time we would have easily caught two more fish.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:35 PM

Nice report. The forecasters had it right today. We launched at SP and headed down to 85A figuring we would have the wind at our backs when we were done. Did not find much. Glad you got a nice one(Thumbs up icon)...Don
Old 11-08-2009, 09:45 AM

Nice catch. Atleast you got some