Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 10-19-2015, 03:24 PM

Default Jigging and trolling 10/19/15

More details to follow. Largest fish were jigged Most 26-28 inches.
Wonderful day
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1928.jpg (94.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 10-19-2015, 03:25 PM

Fishfinder was lit up
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1926.jpg (93.5 KB, 24 views)
Old 10-19-2015, 05:19 PM

Probably right were I was fishing Sat afternoon....

Old 10-19-2015, 06:03 PM

Took my Mr Buddy Heater down to the boat this morning (6:30 am). Heard the weather man say it was 31 at the airport; burr.
Reached the boat to find my guys sitting in their trucks It must be cold.

Turned the heater on and cleaned all the windows so I could see. We left the dock and headed to the mouth of the Patapsco. Dropped 6 lines with #1,2 and 3 planers and Captain John spoons. Worked the channel edges (20-30 ft) and picked up 4 nice fat 22-24 inch rock. Lots of bait, but few birds Trolled about 3 hours and decided to go look for birds working so we could jig a few I had a friend from Pa. who doesn't get to fish often, but likes to jig.
We found a fair number of birds working over small fish, and played with them for a little while. Got frustrated with these tiny rock and shot across the bay looking for better sign.
Half way across, the bay looked like a volcano was erupting underneath Bigger birds=bigger fish. Water was boiling with shorts (15-17 inches) on top and keepers (25-28 inches) under them. My buddies didn't let me catch another keeper fish. They had me netting one after another. We were holding up their fish and saying, "Which one is bigger?" The biggest went in the box, the others over the side.
Fist pumps, laughing, and good natured ribbing was commonplace on the back of the deck. The tide (incoming) would allow us to drift right through the birds and fish. The mayhem taking place underwater was amazing. Fish were following our caught fish up from the bottom.
Everything was feeding on silversides. The fish box was loaded with bait spit up by the fish. We also caught some nice size blues (but not many)
Water was clear enough to watch fish slicing through the bait. Talk about fun!!

Headed for the barn around 2pm. It was nice to have a couple guys be able to filet fish while I cleaned the boat and flushed the motor. I'm tired, but still riding a high
Get out while you can. The rest of this week looks very fishable.
5th
Old 10-19-2015, 06:44 PM

Awesome day!! I bet your PA buddy was psyched and will be talking about today for a long time to come.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:46 PM

I had a great time fishing with you guys.Thanks for the invite Marty

Dan
Old 10-19-2015, 07:13 PM

Told you they were there even though Jeff couldn't find them in the "bumpy"
Weather over the weekend. Nice class of fish soo close to home, how sweet it is! By the way, talked to Danny this evening, his total was 28 fish 22-28" solo trolling! Said he was wiped out and with numbers like that I believe it. Man I wish I could get off during the week to fish instead of seeing doctors that still can't figure out what the hells going on! Sounds like a great day Marty, I'm jealous as hell!
Old 10-20-2015, 05:10 AM

Nice job. Best part is you don't have to run far to find them.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 10-20-2015, 10:41 AM

Smile

I could not agree with Marty more...What an amazing day...I got out for a few hours in the afternoon and was frankly exhausted by the end of the trip....I was catching both blues and rock in the 22 to 24 inch range...Thought the blues had moved out, especially in the upper bay...I was wrong...

The birds were miles across yesterday...Fish were erupting everywhere and I caught on bucktail/twisters, rattle traps, and spoons...Eventually I just used an ultralight rod with a 3" drone spoon and casted into the boiling fish...Was a blast...kept to drop-offs and 18 to 20 foot depth for the most part.

Jeff it was east of where I saw you Saturday...Near one of Marty's favorite spots on that side...Honestly it could not have been more different than Saturdays conditions, it was one of those days you don't forget...

Sorry no pictures of the fish, they were coming in fast and when I did get a second for a picture, they were blurry...More than happy to post blurry pics if anyone wants a few though....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151019_172926(0).jpg (98.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 10-20-2015, 07:34 PM

Y'all need to come up with a plan to support me if you're going to keep posting about these weekday success trips!! How is a man supposed to work??