Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-29-2015, 02:01 PM

Default Wintertime Drink?

During the summer, I can drink beer, gin & tonic, or orange crush. But what's your favorite winter drink?

No fireball

I like most of my alcohol "hidden" in the drink. I'm not a big whiskey fan. More of a rum, vodka, gin type of drinker

So what do you think?
5th
Old 12-29-2015, 07:57 PM

Tough to beat Bacardi 151 rum and Coke with squeeze of fresh lime but you'll taste alcohol in this one.

Not a drink but a delicious shot is B-52. Kaluha , Baileys and a touch of Grand Marnier. Trick is to layer each one in order. Really tasty and 3-4 will set you right.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Tough to beat Bacardi 151 rum and Coke with squeeze of fresh lime but you'll taste alcohol in this one.

Not a drink but a delicious shot is B-52. Kaluha , Baileys and a touch of Grand Marnier. Trick is to layer each one in order. Really tasty and 3-4 will set you right.
I knew the 151 suggestion would come from you, and fireball from Jeff

I do like rum drinks, but might go with a lower proof

I might have to try rum and Mt. Dew Mt. Dew is my goto drink on the boat for good fishing luck
5th
Old 12-29-2015, 10:08 PM

Try a Voodoo - vodka and mt dew

I'm a crown and ginger guy in the winter (or just crown rocks) but am currently having a chocolate martini which is very foo foo, might be right up your alley

Old 12-29-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Try a Voodoo - vodka and mt dew

I'm a crown and ginger guy in the winter (or just crown rocks) but am currently having a chocolate martini which is very foo foo, might be right up your alley
Thanks Jeff, martini's really aren't for me; but be sure to keep that pinky finger extended while you drink yours

The Voodoo sounds interesting. I'm headed to "The Shark" in Ocean City for New Years Eve dinner with the wife and want to order a decent drink with my meal. Maybe I'll just go with a classic; champagne.
5th
Old 12-29-2015, 10:53 PM

Marty are you staying through the weekend? We are planning on going to Shark either friday or saturday night.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
I knew the 151 suggestion would come from you, and fireball from Jeff

I do like rum drinks, but might go with a lower proof

I might have to try rum and Mt. Dew Mt. Dew is my goto drink on the boat for good fishing luck
5th
If you really want to stay wired for a few days Capt. Morgan and monster energy drink. It's a twofer, when the captain wears off the monster kicks in! You know me I'm a rum guy year round! They saying goes that your not an alcoholic if you drink rum before 10:00am your a pirate!
Now if your interested in finding that perfect winter drink, we can meet at coconut charlies one Saturday morning and spend the day there until we have found the perfect winter drink!
You know as I read through the responses to this post we sound like a bunch of college kids, rather than the responsible adults we are! Yea right!
Old 12-30-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1234 View Post
Marty are you staying through the weekend? We are planning on going to Shark either friday or saturday night.
Mark; we are just going to be there thursday night for news years eve and new years day. We have friends with a condo who invited us down for a couple of days, but if we only spend one night, that gives them some time alone as well.

Sorry we will miss you at The Shark. Great food!!
They may have to wheel me out after trying 151/coke, Voodoo, chocolate martini, capt morgan/monster drink, and champagne
5th

p.s.
I was tempted to send the wife home by herself and staying down and fishing with Greg; but I thought that would start the new year off on the wrong foot
Old 12-30-2015, 11:27 AM

Default Drinks

I was a party on Xmas Eve and had some roasted pecan whiskey, it was so smooth you could drink it straight, but I had it with ginger.
I like crown and 7 w/lemon, and really dig Jack and Fresca for something light and refreshing. Just had a Lime gimlet in Annapolis a couple of weeks ago that was awesome but couldn't drink too many because of the sour sweetness.
Happy New Year everyone!!
John
Old 12-30-2015, 12:27 PM

I would have bet money that Jeff was gonna recommend Peppermint vodka on the rocks. Good thing I didn't. I am not any help with this. My drinks are CL Smooths, Vodka, Rum & Coke or Bourbon on the rocks. Sometimes i will hit the apple pie shine.