Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-24-2016, 10:55 PM

Default Fair Weather Fisherman

Years ago it didn't matter. I was ate up with fish and would go regardless of how bad the wind was blowing. Now I hate getting my ass kicked, so I'll pass if the wind is howling. I knew this morning would be bad, so I waited and the forecast was right on for today. Wind laid down about 10am so I headed out. Was solo today (another reason not to go out in rough conditions) so I set the autopilot and started putting out the 16 rod spread. Caught 2 real nice fish (47" and 41") while setting lines, and thought I was going to have a banner day. Action slowed after that but did catch one more fish (44") about 2 hours later. Hope to get another somewhat fair weather day again soon.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:45 AM

It's hard to believe there's not a bunch of fish in your area. It is my understanding that Solomon's has been hot for several days.

I hope they reach you soon, hang in there
5th
Old 04-25-2016, 12:14 PM

Thought about going to Solomon's yesterday, but heard it was fairly crowded. Didn't think it was a smart choice, especially pulling 16 lines by myself! Was about 10 miles south of there, and counted about 5 boats. The closest one did get pretty close to me though, probably within a half a mile.