Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2015, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
Shorething here works at Bayside insurance. Give him a call. He has my homeowners, auto, life, and umbrella with Erie. Erie is great to deal with when you need them (I have had auto claims and house fire claims with them). I got a multipolicy discount. I used to have my boat insurance with them prior to running for hire trips. It was great to have everything backed up by the umbrella.

I now have charter lakes for my boat since I run charter trips. However I dont know how they are when it comes to claims. I know Erie is good and Chris is responsive.
Call Hogan's Insurance in Chestertown for the charter Insurance. That is the company most of the charter people in the upper bay deal with. Better rates.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:13 AM

Marty,
If you wanted to package your Home, Auto etc with the Boat then I could look at packaging everything with Erie. Erie does not insure boats stand alone. Otherwise I have markets with Progressive, Catlin, NMU and Foremost for boats stand alone. Give me a call or send me an email if you want to discuss. Chris 410-643-6641 or chris@bayside-insurance.com.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
Call Hogan's Insurance in Chestertown for the charter Insurance. That is the company most of the charter people in the upper bay deal with. Better rates.
This is who we have the charter boat with - been good to deal with. They beat Charter Lakes rate by a long shot.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
This is who we have the charter boat with - been good to deal with. They beat Charter Lakes rate by a long shot.

Good to know. I will give them a call.

I went with Charter Lakes because they were so flexible on coverage (offering me ocean coverage, no lay up period, etc.)
Old 07-27-2015, 07:05 PM

Thanks for all the options Chris, I am happy with my home and car insurance.

I'll make a few phone calls.

Thanks guys
5th
Old 08-02-2016, 10:08 PM

Marty I have to throw my support in for Erie as well.

While not ever having to do a claim on the boat, I have been in 3 auto accidents in the last time years (none my fault) and they were great to work with.

Also had a flood in the house years ago and they took care of it quickly and to my satisfaction.

And with that said, my rates have never gone up due to any type of claim.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:19 AM

AJSB
Luckily; I haven't had to put in a claim with Charter Lakes Of course, I never put in a claim with Boat US for over 15 years either; so I don't know how they will react. However, I do know how BOAT US reacted and I felt like I would be supporting their actions if I had stayed with them

As to your second question about keeping towing. I reluctantly did keep my towing with Boat US towing. I have 2500 dollars on water towing with my Charter Lakes policy, but I need TRAILER ASSIST for when we trailer to Southern Maryland (Point Lookout) in the fall.

I hate supporting Boat US in any way, but I do use the on water fuel discount, the West Marine discount, and I enjoy the Boat US magazine.

So there you have it. I guess every insurance company is a crap shoot until you need them. I just didn't think I got my monies worth out of Boat US when I needed them.

Best of luck with your new carrier. Sounds like their are several options for you to use.
5th (Marty)
Old 08-05-2016, 06:27 AM

I use Erie as well. I have never submitted a claim though.

No complaints on premium
Old 08-05-2016, 03:10 PM

I switched to Charter Lakes this Spring. Allstate kept raising the premium and couldn't give me a reason why (no claims) except they had a regional area increase. Got the Charter Lakes policy with better coverage for 1/2 the premium! Also has "named storm" haul out and return coverage.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:31 PM

Yikes, just seeing this thread. Can't believe he didn't see you.

I have Travellers through my friendly broker's at McDole Edge. $574 per year 27 ft w/ twins, includes $1000 in towing coverage. Great quick claim resolution earlier this year.