Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-06-2015, 02:08 PM

Default Game On

Left the dock at 6:00am this morning and was back at 9:30. Had a party of 5 guys that were all older than me 1st fish as soon as we set lines, 2nd fish didn't pop the clip and crossed up 3 lines before he shook the hook. What a cluster. Got that all cleaned up and caught 13 more fish by 9:00. I wouldn't have let them catch so many but that's what it took to get the last keeper fish. 3 fish 42- 45" and 2 35" fish. Best part is that they wanted to clean their own fish It is "on fire" We stayed out front by #83 in the channel all morning 55' and deeper. All rods 4 bars on one side and 7 on the other. all caught. didn't have time to put out any boat rods.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 05-06-2015, 06:45 PM

Nice work Mr. Bruce. Lets hope this fishing holds out for a little while - 9 days until the slot is gone!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:31 PM

Three of us were out this afternoon. Same general area. 10 bites; but only 5 boated. Besides knockdowns, I lost a powerful strike due to a knot I haven't had a knot fail in years. Funny part is it was the knot to my terminal tackle (snap swivel) on my main line That's always a polamar knot for me It was a board line, and we had nothing but curly q's showing for our effort

47 ft was magic for us tonight. Still brought 2 fish back to the dock (over and under) for meat

Back out tomorrow morning.
5th
Old 05-06-2015, 09:18 PM

Ran all the way to Bloody Point this afternoon for 2 slots. It takes almost an hour to get there and 17 gallons of fuel each way. I was really hoping for better results but still beat being at work this afternoon. At least there was good company on the VHF and I got home without getting wet.
Back out Friday but think I'm staying above the bridge..... We'll see.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:40 AM

Are the jellies still around? Last weekend was a lot like work clearing all the lines.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:23 AM

Were these fish still northbound?

Old 05-07-2015, 04:49 PM

Out again this morning. We did well. 8 boated (3 kept 41, 41, 34); had about a dozen strikes.
Jason was on fire today. He had them dialed in
I'll let him tell you the whole story, but he said it was one of the best days he's ever had

My opinion; these fish look like they were leaving the rivers and getting ready to head south. The spawn is over. Water temps are in the upper 60's.
Get out while they are still here.

I had Ralph (ReelSmith) and Capt. John (Patent Pending) onboard today. Ralph has a pic or two on his phone that he might share, but I pretty much stayed at the wheel today (They did let me bring in two fish)
Good company and a great crew.
5th

Oh; yes jellies are still out there. Not as bad, but when we cleared lines we usually produced another fish or two.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:49 AM

Sounds like I missed a good trip! Damn work always gets in the way of my fishing. Guess I'll either have to retire(like you) or get me one of them government jobs like Ralph in order to fish during the week.