Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2010, 12:53 PM

Default a Proper introduction

Hi Guys,

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and got around to joining this forum today. I've really been impressed by the sense of common friendship on this forum as opposed to several others that I checked out. You guys have fun here, actually know eachother and don't seem to play the one-up-manship "game" that I've seen on other forums.

You all also seem to have real talent for fishing, something that I sorely lack. I couldn't catch a fish if you velcro'ed it to my line and promised my money if I got it in the boat!

I have no idea why since I grew up on the water and have owned boats for more years then not. My fishing downfall began with my first child 25 years ago. I believe that was around the time I caught my last fish. Seems that I'm always baiting someones hook or helping someone else land thier fish that I don't have too much time to actually have my own line in the water.

A week or so ago I went out and bought another boat, a little family runabout...17' maxum which is just fine for us to run in the rivers or bay on calmer days. I suppose it'll be spending a good amount of time pulling a tube or putt putting around but I'll get in some fish time. My sweetheart of almost five years(soon to be wife) loves to fish so that's a big difference between her and tob (the old bi**h).

So maybe my fishing luck will improve if I hang out with you guys? A little luck probably wouldn't hurt me either. Heck, if you want to improve the local fish populations, let me fish them, they will be as safe as can be!!

So I'll be here, probably trying to keep my mouth shut so I can learn something from the guys that DO have a clue since I, by the looks of it, don't!

Thanks for tolerating me,

Erad
________
DivaVirtual cam

Last edited by eradicator; 09-03-2011 at 07:16 PM.