Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-16-2012, 07:29 PM

Default Quick 4/16 report

Patent Pending turned north today and we fished from Poplar Island to Thomas Point. We had another very nice day, and put the biggest fish of the year in the boat.
A little background. My personal best is 43 inches. I've had several fish from 45-47 inches caught from my boat, but nothing bigger.
Today onboard PP, Capt. John caught one that was either 50 inches, or certainly close to it. We didn't take the time to measure her, a few quick photo's and back she went.

All our fish (except one) was still carrying sea lice!! Lots of bait in all depths.

Tomorrow, I'm rigging the 22 lines we pull for the season, so we may only do one more C/R trip this year. I hope everyone has a safe and productive season.

A special thanks to Capt. Charlie Schneider, who has been driving all the way from Tilghman Island to Deale just to fish with us this C/R season. He will be jumping back on his boat "Big Will". If anyone is looking for a charter out of Tilghman, look him up.

5th (Marty)
Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 PM

Marty,

Please tell John thanks for me...It was a blast being out with you guys this spring....And if ya see Charlie, tell him the same....

Looks like I will be out at least once this week and will of course have to try the weekend or early next week so I can put out 79 rods and board tons of fish...

Old 04-17-2012, 06:28 AM

Mike; I had some time on my hands the other day, so I rode down to your marina. There was a little shamrock named "Total Caos" that looked pretty lonely. As I walked down the dock, it appeared to be saying, "take me, take me". I assured her she was going to be fishing soon. The frown turned upside down and she snuggled back into her slip waiting for opening day.

It was nice fishing with both you and Scott this C/R season as well. We have to get together this season so you and Scott can show me how to throw those beetlespins for everything that swims out on the rock pile.

I'll finish rigging PP this morning. We may make one more C/R trip later this week before the madhouse this weekend.

5th (Marty)
Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 AM

Marty,

Let me know if you guys go out one more time...

The rest of my week (so far) look pretty clear...

Mike
Old 04-17-2012, 09:03 AM

Marty, you been working on your netting abilities? Or is someone else netting these fish? Last image I have of you is you standing on the motor bracket with a net in your hand, cursing up a storm as a really nice fish swims away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Patent Pending turned north today and we fished from Poplar Island to Thomas Point. We had another very nice day, and put the biggest fish of the year in the boat.
A little background. My personal best is 43 inches. I've had several fish from 45-47 inches caught from my boat, but nothing bigger.
Today onboard PP, Capt. John caught one that was either 50 inches, or certainly close to it. We didn't take the time to measure her, a few quick photo's and back she went.

All our fish (except one) was still carrying sea lice!! Lots of bait in all depths.

Tomorrow, I'm rigging the 22 lines we pull for the season, so we may only do one more C/R trip this year. I hope everyone has a safe and productive season.

A special thanks to Capt. Charlie Schneider, who has been driving all the way from Tilghman Island to Deale just to fish with us this C/R season. He will be jumping back on his boat "Big Will". If anyone is looking for a charter out of Tilghman, look him up.

5th (Marty)
Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
Marty, you been working on your netting abilities? Or is someone else netting these fish? Last image I have of you is you standing on the motor bracket with a net in your hand, cursing up a storm as a really nice fish swims away.
OUCH!!!

The times I went out with Marty this year (3 or 4 times) we didn't lose a single fish due to bad netting. Of course, we all took turns netting so Marty wouldn't wear himself out.

Marty, let me echo what Mike said. It was really a blast hanging out this spring and I'm thankful for the opportunities. My only regret is that I couldn't take you up on your offer more!

And congrats on that beast of a fish. I think some people are going to have a fintastic opening day.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:17 PM

Keith; if you mean the one I lost on Baldy's boat; that was the last one I missed. Of course, I have to admit, I no longer use a net on my boat. I switched to a lip gripper and I like it better than a net.
On the charter, the sides are too high to use a lipper. The net workes better. Most days, I leader the fish, raise it's head, and let someone else net it.

It's good to hear from you. I hope you have a great season.
5th (Marty)
Old 04-18-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Keith; if you mean the one I lost on Baldy's boat; that was the last one I missed. Of course, I have to admit, I no longer use a net on my boat. I switched to a lip gripper and I like it better than a net.
On the charter, the sides are too high to use a lipper. The net workes better. Most days, I leader the fish, raise it's head, and let someone else net it.

It's good to hear from you. I hope you have a great season.
5th (Marty)
Si senor..have a great season!!