Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-01-2015, 03:20 PM

Default 7/1/15

Just a tease; headed to our community pool. I'll put in a full post later tonight

Headed out with Capt John (who I use to mate for on his charter Patent Pending) and Mark (Mlag, who was with me for my sea trial when I bought my boat, but always had a commitment other times I've invited him with me). Fish are certainly north of the Bridge. We have been seeing quality fish up here for weeks.
We probably had a dozen nice fish from 24-30 inches, a couple unders from 20-21 inches, and several short fish from 19-19 3/4 inches.
Came home with some nice fish. Details to follow.
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1799.jpg (97.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 07-01-2015, 07:14 PM

So I'm guessing Mark brought the green glitter shads with him?

Waiting for the details......

Old 07-01-2015, 08:11 PM

I met Mark and Capt. John at 6am this morning. We headed to the boat and the humidity was so thick that I had a hard time keeping the boat windshield dry. I opened the front windows for better visibility and Capt. John was freezing as he sat by the dinette. I told him it was payback for all the days I froze my butt off on the back of his 46 Markley while he sat up inside the cabin with heat

We had an incoming tide and we picked up two small keepers. It was early and you never know so two 21's went in the box. We lost our tide and I started to sweat a little. The tide turned to outgoing and we had found a bunch of bait in 40 ft. We dragged our baits and picked up a couple of nice mid 20 fish hanging around the bait balls.
Not much later, I found two big schools of fish about 100 yards apart. Each pass over them would cause the FF to lose bottom Fish were so thick that multiple rods would go down. Only ran 5-7 rods today (no boards).
We made several passes across the schools and limited out with fish up to 30 inches.
The fish were so thick that we called two buddies over that were jigging today. They came over and the fish had moved
We had a devil of a time finding them again, and never found the big schools

We ran back to Bodkin Creek and tied up at 1pm. It was a fun day with friends. Glad we put some fish in the box as well.
5th
Old 07-02-2015, 08:55 AM

Damn I missed another good trip. Sure had to beat getting the third degree burns on my left hand scraped for the second time!
Old 07-02-2015, 02:40 PM

What were you dragging Marty? Spoons, bucktails, hoses? I was going to fish out of the Choptank but a charter buddy of mine said its not worth going unless you run above the bridge so I bottom fished in the Choptank and caught some nice perch.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shore Thing View Post
What were you dragging Marty? Spoons, bucktails, hoses? I was going to fish out of the Choptank but a charter buddy of mine said its not worth going unless you run above the bridge so I bottom fished in the Choptank and caught some nice perch.
I had out a mix of Capt. John spoons, storm shads, and hoses. Hoses worked best
5th
Old 07-02-2015, 08:00 PM

Nice report...

Joe