Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-07-2009, 08:27 PM

Default From Deale 11/7

Went out today with friends on the "Moe" a 32 Judge. Crew was the owner SteveW. (Sarge), Sarges 12 yo nephew Jimmy, Sarge's neighbor Chris and his 12 yo son Brendan, Paul, Bowie, and myself. Left Deale around 700, ran south to around the Radar towers and dropped lines headed south. Pulled in and released a couple shorts but no real action till about 1000.....spent the time teaching the boys different knots. Jimmy got the first rod (white Umb 20ox 7 bars) and boated a nice 25"er followed a few minutes later with Brendon pulling in it's twin on a tandem yellow bucktail 12 bars. Another slow period, Chris had put out another umb rig with 8oz at 9 bars just experimenting with running it higher in the column, he was sitting next to the rod when it got hammered and the drag started singing....after a long battle he managed to boat a 40" with sea lice!
We did a circle and passed over the MOB when the same yellow tandem rod got hammered and this time Paul was up....another long epic battle with a lot of rod shifting to prevent tangles and another 40" made it into the box. This fish also had sea lice.
Rods reset we passed over the MOB again, we had agreed to let the boys reel in any more fish, the same yellow bucktail rod went down again. Jimmy got it and it almost wore him out....turned out to be 59 inches of fish.....a 32 on one bucktail and a 27 on the other !!!
Pulled up and headed in soon after......Little Jimmy slept the whole way in.....

After docking we taught the boys how to fillet fish....neither had ever cleaned a fish before, both paid attention and did a great job when we turned them solo with knives......a couple real fishermen graduated today!!!!

Nothing like seeing the pride on a young man's face when he's caught and cleaned his own fish......both boys were grinning ear to ear...

What fishin's all about.

I'll post some pics later.....left camera on the boat and too tired to go get it tonite.
Sandpiper Charters www.goinsfishin.com
Old 11-07-2009, 08:38 PM

Nice going Steve. Boy I wanted to head down that way today. I was hoping some of those 40"+ fish had made it up to your neck of the woods. I am looking forward to Monday.

How much water were you in?

Thanks...Don
Old 11-07-2009, 08:50 PM

Sweet post!! CB looks better and better. 5th (Marty)
Old 11-07-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichitt View Post
How much water were you in?
Thanks...Don
We were actually a bit south of breezy almost dares bch when we started catching. 45-50 feet was the magic zone today.
Sandpiper Charters www.goinsfishin.com
Old 11-07-2009, 09:17 PM

That's a great report. Good job!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:51 AM

Thank you for the great report. That area seemed to be a good spot. A few neighbors made that run out of the Magothy 30 miles one way. They said the AM was cold and calm, then it was rough latter on in the day. They managed three big boys.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot