Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2013, 08:50 PM

Default New boaters

I have twin granddaughters (16 months). Today was there first real day on the boat. We never left the slip, but they had fun roaming all over the boat. They were up in the cabin playing, in the captain chair, sitting at the dinette, and exploring the deck.
They loved carrying the 48" fish ruler around, and I caught it at least once before they tossed it overboard
We didn't stay too long (45 min) because I wanted to keep it a good experience. They have been walking for several months, but it was funny to see them getting their sea legs. Whenever the boat rocked, they practiced balancing. They never fell, but they "wobbled" a few times.
This summer holds a trip to BPS for a couple rods that they can "practice" with at grand pops house. This will go along with the "fiddlesticks" (lacrosse sticks for kids) that I have for them too.
I can't wait for warm weather so I can fill a five gallon bucket with water and they can play with toys on the deck.
Today was a positive, I just have to keep the next couple of outings positive and they will be hooked. The judge has some nice high sides (freeboard) and they will grow into it nicely.
5th (Marty)
Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 PM

I would interpret the attempt at throwing the 48" ruler overboard as a sign that one day, "we're gonna need a bigger ruler pop pop!!". Way to get them started at an early age.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
I would interpret the attempt at throwing the 48" ruler overboard as a sign that one day, "we're gonna need a bigger ruler pop pop!!". Way to get them started at an early age.
That 50" fish is proving very elusive my personal best is still 43". I've had larger caught off my boat, but not by me.
Last spring, Capt. John caught a 50" off Patent Pending, but I always seem be day late and a dollar short
Maybe this year; new boat, new record
5th (Marty)

P.S. does anyone else want to buy a puppy or kitten just to take it to Falls Road Animal Hospital? Love their commercial
Old 03-20-2013, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Maybe this year; new boat, new record
5th (Marty)

P.S. does anyone else want to buy a puppy or kitten just to take it to Falls Road Animal Hospital? Love their commercial
Marty,

1) I know I have some sleeping issues but for a retired guy, you sure seem to keep some crazy hours on here.

2) Old boat best = 46.5". Personal best still = 39". The price you pay for always being at the helm I guess but hoping new boat,new record rings true ( The spring MSSA tourney would be the perfect time for this to happen, if I could choose when and all) . Old old boat best was 38" so headed in the right direction!

3) I have 2 dogs that I will gladly rent you to take to the vets next time they need to go. In the last 2 weeks, 1 cost me $170 and the other got REAL "skunked" and a bath and a shave was $110 That's a lot of beer money!!! I suggest just recording the commercials instead, MUCH cheaper!

Old 03-20-2013, 07:41 AM

Record the comercial

Heck no; I want to see those "puppies"

5th (Marty)
Old 03-20-2013, 11:22 AM

Once water warms up - I can dive and get your ruler back. Should not be too hard to find.

Watch letting little ones play in cabin. When young - my daughter turned on the 12 volt refrigerator - drained batteries. Son was about 3 or 4 and used the head , unknown to me. Found the surprise about a week later

Glad I'm not only pervert watching that commercial.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:39 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Glad I'm not only pervert watching that commercial.

I know Mike (garlien) must be watching it also.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:25 PM

Took my God Daughter and her 1 year old at the time out on the boat. Gabrielle was walking fine on land by then, but once in a while when the boat rocked she would fall on her butt. The look on her face when she fell was funny because she had the look that said "I can walk what the hell is going on here"
Old 03-21-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post

I know Mike (garlien) must be watching it also.
Mike's dreaming about April 24th when he and I, along with a few other people get to enjoy a day on Patent Pending.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 AM

I heard you booked a trip. It should be a fun day. Should I wear "falsies" for Mike
5th (Marty)