Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-09-2013, 07:55 PM

Default Information!!!

I try to post often in order to help keep this site interesting. I hate coming to the site and not seeing something new to read, and possibly gleen some information. I have been told in the past that "this isn't my personal facebook page".

Those of you who have followed my posts know I like to post the great trips along with the bad ones (can you really have a bad trip if you get back to the dock safely?) Anyway; todays trip resulted in a skunk

Information:
Today we essentially worked the same area that we worked on Monday on Bruce's boat. We started out with the same spread as well. I had a tandem out 8 bars, a sixpack out 7 bars, and another tandem out 5 bars. We duplicated it on the other side as well

My thought was that because we were leaving the dock late (1 pm) the sun would be high and the fish would be in the upper few ft of the water.
John's boards pull so strong, that I could have run everything off on board and made a better representation of a school of fish, but we didn't need that on Monday

Good news is no jellies found on lures. Good news, gannets diving (not concentrated in one area). Good news, some bait balls in the top area of the water.

I did change things around for a short time and ran the two six packs deep with 20 oz. of weight trying to produce a bite. Still no takers
We pulled lines around 6 and ran home.

Thoughts:
This is only a guess, so take it for what it's worth. I think some fish are coming in small pods. Monday, we had fish in the CB area as well as north. Friends of mine did well the last couple of days in this area.

As the pod moves north (to spawn), we have to hope that another pod from further south fills the area we fished the two days before If this doesn't happen, you then wind up fishing a dry spot.

Now, it just may be that the fish were there, but didn't bite. Whatever the reason, we hit a dry spell tonight.

Soooo; take the report for what it's worth. We will be back out again soon and I will post how we do.

Once the trophy season starts, I will not be posting very often. We are booked with a lot of trips and when I get home, I eat, watch a bit of TV, and hit the sack. I am normally standing on the boat at 5am putting out rods and tackle. The party arrives around 5:45, and we pull away from the slip at 6.

Best of luck to everyone this year. I will freely give out any information I can to help make your trip a success. I know there are several guys on the board who also post accurate and helpful information. This whole board has a different feeling than TF. I constantly get info from friends to help make our charters a success, and to those friends, I thank you in advance of this season.

5th (Marty)
Old 04-09-2013, 08:19 PM

Maybe Capt John should consider duplicating the vessel you used with Bruce??? What was that, a Judge Yacht i beleive? . I will trade him as long as a cooler of crab cakes comes with the package!

Sorry to hear that you didn't produce today. So I guess it was ok that I was in Central PA working today instead of out on the bay then? Next time!

I plan to get out Sat and Sun this weekend and troll the Bloody Point area. I agree with seeing NEW posts but would hope they will pick up as the fishing does. I like that all the real a-holes seem to not be on here and hope it stays that way. I would never have posted my fish pic from Sat on TF 'cause a whole herd of jackasses would have criticized every possible thing they could or couldn't find. "I ain't gots no time for that!"

Keep the reports coming!! At $4+ a gallon, I'll take any info people are willing to share, the good,the bad, or the ugly! Thanks!

Old 04-10-2013, 02:02 PM

Hey Marty sorry I couldn't make the afternoon cruise but don't look like I missed much Thanks again to Bruce for the trip the other day and hi to Jeff also i'll be looking for ya in 2 weeks when season opens not taking my boat out until season opens there are plenty of trips available without breaking down my lures. Hopefully I can make the next trip Marty give me a call and let me know what is scheduled next and hopefully I can get off work. See you guys out on the water soon
Old 04-11-2013, 07:08 AM

After the PSCR fiasco with DNR, I don't catch no fish until opening day.............................Mark
Old 04-11-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlag View Post
After the PSCR fiasco with DNR, I don't catch no fish until opening day.............................Mark
That's probably a good idea
Old 04-15-2013, 12:13 PM

Marty

Not getting snots on your bait is definitely a plus, and real men post skunk reports. Any report is of help in my humble opinion.

Don