Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-16-2015, 10:41 PM

Default 5/16 Fish were biting:)

What a gorgeous day Sunshine, warm temperatures, calm winds, and the fish were cooperating.

I placed all my rods (20) onboard this weekend in preparation for the arrival of the fall migration. I haven't had my full spread out since May, so wanted to see how it held up against some good competition. Jason (Rockin Robin) and Mark (Mlag) have been having good success in waters south of the bridge

I made the long run south and we put out the full spread. I used the same spread from Spring, but simply lengthened the distance off the boards and increased the weights on the boat rods. If anyone is interested, I ran board lines at 12, 11, 10, 9, 9, 8, and 8 bars off the boards. Six boat rods (large umbrellas) contained weights of 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, and 28 ounces at 14, 12, 10, 8, bars, with the two heaviest at 50 ft off my "hip" rods.

We boated 4 fish (3 keepers and one short) while losing two very nice fish on the way to the boat On the way home, we stopped a several bird shows, finding sinks underneath. Mike (garlein) was ecstatic to pull a 24 inch fish off the same topwater lure that Mako Mike used to catch his keeper off my boat last week. Guess that lure only works for "Mike's"

So, while we didn't tear them up, we brought home some meat.

Both Jason and Mark did better than us, but the spread caught (or hooked up) on both board and boat rods. I have some "tweaking" to do; but for the most part, I'm happy with the outcome.

Couldn't pass up this beautiful day. I hope everyone got outside to enjoy it somehow.
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1946.jpg (91.0 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by 5th Tuition; 11-16-2015 at 10:47 PM. Reason: photo of Mike
Old 11-17-2015, 06:27 AM

Sounded like a fun trip brown the bay. And yes I did get out and enjoy the weather, but unfortunately it was on roofs fixing HVAC systems.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:54 PM

Thanks for the detailed post Marty. You guys had a great day to fish and you found some nice table-fare. Well done!!

Old 11-17-2015, 07:10 PM

Jeff,

Was a great day and crew...

Honestly I went just the hear Lou say "there ain't no damned fish in this bay"....

Great day although I will have to post about some of the things that happened.

Mike
Old 11-18-2015, 08:17 AM

Nice report. You guys are killing me.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)