Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2010, 09:55 PM

Thumbs down Damm Snow

Damm Snow……… Managed to wiggle my a*s under the cover of the boat today. Inspected the damage. Two broken antennas.

Now the bad one………… the radar sweep arm on the open array Radar was crushed &h^%$&(

So I will be opening the boat this weekend to remove the Radar arm and send it back to the factory. Then a trip to BOE for some antennas…

Anyone ever remove just the radar arm and not the gear box. Suggestions appreciated.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 03-03-2010, 10:16 PM

Wow dude; sorry to hear about the radar. Antennas would be bad enough. I hope everything works out for you.
5th (Marty)
Old 03-04-2010, 05:03 PM

what brand radar do you have? Furuno repair factory is in Denton down the street from Judge
Old 03-04-2010, 07:52 PM

With two antennas and the arm damaged - might be worth calling your insurance company.
I bet a lot of boaters are going to be finding damage the heavy snow did.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
With two antennas and the arm damaged - might be worth calling your insurance company.
I bet a lot of boaters are going to be finding damage the heavy snow did.
The radar is Furnuno. Called Denton Repair they said they would take it send it to Washington state and replace it with a new arm. The tec said they didn't have a way to repair a crushed housing and possible internal damage. so they are just going to swap out with a new part.
Martex has a new arm.

After crunching the numbers I am going to let the insurance company look at it first.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 03-05-2010, 10:31 AM

I installed my open array and had to install the antenna onto the pedestal. It works by some sorta magic cuz u just bolt it on, at least on mine (JRC). Must send some sort signal wirelessly to the pedestal. The antenna weighs nothing and is only housed in plastic so I can certainly see it getting damaged by the weight of the snow on top of the cover. Guess I'm glad I had my boat down at the beach plus a 1984 Albemarle doesn't like being covered, she likes the wide open air . Don't know what radar u have but those antennas r not cheap so I'd definitely go the insurance route. Also check ebay cuz sometimes u can find just the antenna listed.