Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-15-2010, 08:54 AM

With the weather report calling for high winds, I will probably head down to the boat show for a look.

Who else is making an appearance. We can form an unruly mob.

Might just talk my fishing partner into a 28' or 35'

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 10-15-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichitt View Post
Weeds out the lurkers, I mean lookers.
Just another example of how upside down my thinking is as compared to all the "smart" MBA type guys/gals that sit down and decide the prices to this type of event.
Remember, they have a lot of venders at the show who sell things other than boats. Lets suppose I was in the market for boat shoes, dock lines, an embroidered hat, foul weather gear, or even electronics like cd player, VHF radio, or depth finder. If the wife and I go to the show (17x2) and pay to park (10) the total is $44 to get in the show.
If I add that cost to a new pair of docksiders, those are some expensive shoes (or dock lines etc.).
With the present economy, I would have thought they would be encourging more "lookers" instead of "weeding out".
But what the heck do I know; look at the state of the economy and see where all those "smart" people have gotten us!!!
I guess I have to go to the boat show to look at boats, the local dealers I grew up with have all gone or are in dire straits (Jenkins Marine, Glen Burnie: Florida Marine, Pasadena: Smith Marine, Arnold ...all out of business; and A.M./P.M. Marine has no new boats in their showroom or outside on their lot).
Perhaps next year, the boat show should raise their entry price to an even $100 to keep the "lookers" and other rif raft like me out.
I guess I'll have to go somewhere like Marty's Bait and Tackle since he seems to appreciate it when I spend 40-50 bucks in his store. Or, did Jim start charging admission too.
5th (Marty)
Old 10-15-2010, 11:24 AM

I'm with you Marty....I've never bought a boat at a boat show, but I've bought a lot of other stuff.

And I get to compare all of the boats nearly side by side so that I can make an informed decision when I buy my next bought.

That's competition and capitalism....best boat gets my money.

I go to the shows to help the promoters too....with no attendance they can't keep putting these things on.

And as someone else said, good luck to all the vendors that are putting their time and money into this....I hope it pays off for you.