Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2014, 07:55 AM

Maybe we should revert to the 50's also.
Other countries are never what they seem.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/gangster.../yakuza/1.html
Old 03-31-2014, 09:57 AM

Leave it to you to find a tackle store. See if they have any Japanese speaking rattle traps for Mike!!

They stack cars like that in Manhatten too. I'd worry about a hydraulic failure leaving my car stuck for hours.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:42 AM

Seems like you are getting a good, quick lesson in their culture. Is your daughter there teaching english in the schools?

I always hear about how incredible the reels in Japan are. Shimano models that don't exist here. Have you seen any in the stores to compare?
Old 03-31-2014, 04:48 PM

Reds, I couldn't agree more about it not being everything I've mentioned; but this is what you see everyday. I'm not seeing "behind" the scene. If I compare Harborplace, or Kingsdominion, a baseball stadium, or a football event, I can hardly stand to be there. Some punk kid or drunk adult pisses me off about something. Most times we shrug it off, sometimes we have to say something like "would you mind not using the F word while my kids are watching the game. That doesn't happen here

Mark, just stopped in the tackle store briefly (was on my way to dinner). I will go back and spend some time with him later. The store looked like a holding tank for Wish A Fish He had some new items and some used items. It was not like Alltackle. But this guy fishes and had pics around his store of mostly tuna caught by him. Looks like he had lots of new terminal tackle but not rods and reels ( they looked used).
I just spoke to my wife, sounds a bit windy today but with warm temperatures. Has anyone ventured out?
No need to post that C/R fish being held vertically by its gills with blood running down its side while dropping eggs on the deck on CBA; but you can send the photo to my cell phone. Just kidding DNR, just kidding, don't have a cow
Wife also says all the little red maple tree blossoms are about to drop on the boat and leave stains (great), but my son and she may put on the back curtain and a drop cloth on the deck to protect it while I'm away.
Mlag, I might need to call Jim Catterton when I get back.
Got to go, getting ready to start another day here (6:48 am)
5th
Old 03-31-2014, 06:32 PM

Marty - you have to check out a strip club there.

Drop this name :

巨大なウナギ

- Have fun.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:17 PM

Skip, I just learned how to buy stuff at McD and 7-11; I'd really get in trouble trying to stick one dollar coins under garters
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (89.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 03-31-2014, 08:57 PM

Everyone uses poles about 10 ft long but they don't cast them far, just out a little. I haven't seen a fish caught in two days
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-01-2014, 07:24 AM

Mike, Mike, Mike
You would love it over here. The girls and women wear such tiny skirts and shorts. Their ass cheeks are just barely covered. Throw the two inch platform "hooker" shoes on top of this, and Mike would blow his mind.
Now not all women dress like this, but many do. My daughter says there is no disgrace with wearing the short skirts, but that you will never see bare shoulders on the women. Evidently, that's a no no
I know, I know, you want pic's. I'm afraid to get thrown into a Japanese prison with a bunch of Sumu Wrestlers for photographing young girls
Mike, if your Firm ever opens an office in Japan, you have to come over for a while
Many of the women are simply stunning. And, the longer I'm over here, even the marginal ones are looking better.
5th
Old 04-03-2014, 08:59 PM

Just returned from the tackle store
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-03-2014, 09:45 PM

Damn, I even took the photo 90* off center to try to get it to turn out correctly looks like I was 90* off on my calibrations. Now it's totally upside down

Well, you get the picture. I just had to support the local tackle shop. I picked up two packs of barrel swivels (size 1/0). These are labeled "Power Swivels" and the package says they are good up to 212 kg. That's pretty hefty. I weigh 195 lbs and that equates to 88.6 kg These cost 350 yen each, or $3.50 US for five in a pack.
Next is a 3 pack of ball bearing swivels (80 kg) and they were either $5 or $6. I can't tell by the receipt
I also picked up a package of hooks for livelinning. Looks like a pack of 8 hooks that are rated for 100 lbs for (again) either $5 or $6.
Finally, I got some fluorocarbon line for $15. I had to get 22 lb test line because all the 25 lb was gone. It must be a popular line in Japan also. The spool has 110 yards, so that's not to bad.
All told, after tax, everything came to 3,300 yen, or $33 US.

He had an app on his phone where he could speak into the phone and English appeared. We got across some basic communication with the iPhone help. He enjoyed the photos of the Chesapeake 27 both in the water, in the snow, and on the trailer. He was very interested in the Honda motor. We had a good laugh because it was not powered by an American engine. I told him that Yamaha was a very popular motor in the US.
The last item you see on the table was a gift to me from him. It looks like a large shrimp lure. I can see that it has small nasty hooks at the bottom (two sets of six hooks about a inch apart. Get these in your hand and you have a bad day. The body appears to be a silver plastic, but it's covered with a perforated cloth outer fabric. Really a neat looking lure, but I bet Captain John won't be making them in his garage any time soon

Before I left, he took a photo of us together so he could post it on his Facebook page Gee, even in Japan I am computer illiterate

My wife talked to Captain John, he has been out only once, but did pick up a couple of fish. I don't know where or what size, but Charlie Schneider might fill in the details

5th (Marty)