Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-11-2014, 08:37 AM

Default Finally a good day!

It has been a tough spring for me as I have only been able to get out a couple of times on my boat and both times I was blanked. Yesterday seemed like it could be the worst of both worlds with a heavy south wind and rain.

Well, I guess that's why you have to go. Woke around 8am as I was out late at a baseball game the night before, clear skies and still air. Hmmm, weather man missed it?

Grabbed my two kids (ages 7 and 10) and we headed out of the Magothy about 9:30. Heard some reports that it had been good on and off south so we made the run.

Set the lines in the anchorage at about 10:30 and trolled south, was able to catch 4 (lost a couple more) over the next two and a half hours, from 33 to 40 inches. All came on Fishnut baits 30-40 feet off the boards. They comprise about half of my 10 rod spread and the other stuff was mixed in there but just not catching.

The kids did a nice job handling the rods with some good sized fish!

Kept the two smaller fish as we were having some friends over for dinner, did a mix of grilled and fishbites out of the frydaddy!

Old 05-11-2014, 01:18 PM

There ya go. Your getting the hang of it. First, go where the majority of fish are. Second, use good baits. Third, just go!!!
Good things happen when you gain experience.
5th
Old 05-11-2014, 05:13 PM

Good job.

Thank you for the report. don't tell anybody about 40 feet of the board in 40 feet of water.

Bet your kids had a blast way to put them on the fish.

Jimmy
Old 05-12-2014, 04:10 PM

Congrats on getting the kids some fish!!! Sometimes it takes awhile until your boat teaches you what she likes but once you figure it out, there's nowhere for the fish to hide!!