Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-14-2012, 07:40 AM

Thumbs up Snow is falling in Utah

It looks like the resorts in Utah are getting some good powder for the Holiday Season. Anyone on the board do any skiing or snow boarding out west?

Bruce
Old 12-14-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
It looks like the resorts in Utah are getting some good powder for the Holiday Season. Anyone on the board do any skiing or snow boarding out west?

Bruce
The closest I get to snow is taking the kides tubing once a year.

If I didn't have such a nasty hatred of cold weather, I would probably like skiing or snowboarding.

I did go snowboarding about 16 or 17 years ago down on Massanutten Mountain in VA. It was fun and I was pretty good at it right away.

My wife likes to ski, and that works just fine for me. She takes a skiing trips with her friends, and I take fishing trips with mine.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:02 PM

First of all I would like to say hey to everyone on here . Looks like a great site . I'll be fishing VB after Christmas. Hope to have some good reports to post.

It's been years since I've been out west. Every time I get serious and plan a trip with some other people, something always comes up and we bag it. Last time was Park City and Deer Valley.

Depending on conditions, I try to hit all the local slopes . There's always plenty of snow in Western Md. and in WV. Most of my skiing is at the Wisp and Timberline . I try to get 10 to 15 days in. Some years over 20 . I usually get in one or two days in before Christmas. Looks like Snow Shoe is the only place right now.

Happy Skiing,

John
Old 12-14-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
It looks like the resorts in Utah are getting some good powder for the Holiday Season.
Bruce
Will this in any way help the YOY Index during the next spawn

Good to hear from you Bruce; where are you hiding your boat now? Did you get in any fall fishing?
5th (Marty)
Old 12-14-2012, 07:53 PM

Jig Monster; welcome to the board.
5th (Marty)
Old 12-14-2012, 10:45 PM

Marty,
Boat is on the high dry at Judge factory for the winter getting a few things done.
I did get some fall fishing in. We did OK, mostly trolling. Some weekends were better than others. The only weekend that I wish I could do over was when I took 5 of my neighbors out and worked my butt off for 3 fish in the same area that I had fish the week before and the week after. I now have to do the walk of shame when I see the neighbors. I have been fishing out of Herrington Harbour south in the spring, then out of Middle River in the summer then back to Herrington in the fall. My wife and I try to take a few weeks to cruise in the summer and the 36 works well for that. It's a great boat.
I don't know why, but I just never got into the live lining. Maybe this year I will.
We did well jigging in the upper bay this summer for perch and some rock and even some drum.
As far as the Utah snow goes, I'm praying that they have a better year than last year because my son opened a ski / snow board shop out there last year. Sooooo as much as I don't want snow here, I would love to hear that Utah had a blizzard.

Bruce
Old 12-15-2012, 02:11 PM

Default Skiing

The family and I did the Rocky's for 6-7 yrs in a row, it was our winter vacation. I have had my son skiing since he was 2 1/2, my daugher was 4 1/2. THey are now 15 1/2 and 17 1/2. The last 2-3 yrs we haven't had any big vacations because of our seperation and now divorce. I have still taken the kids skiing locally, the last few years. I own timeshare at massanutten and usually offer a free place for 2-3 other families to join us if they provide the food for a long weekend.
We have been to Breckenridge, Steamboat, Vale, Aspen, Copper, Arapahoe, and can't remember what others. It is a great family vacation, but can't imagine having to pay for all the checked bags now.
I look forward to the kids having kids and doing big vacations skiing in the winther and the beach in the summer.
Hmmm, one day I might be rich and famous.
John
Old 12-17-2012, 08:50 AM

John,
My son taught me to ski when I was 39 he was 10. We had some great times when we visited my Sister in law in Main. We skied for 8 or 9 years before he moved out to Utah.
Looks like they just got 2 feet with another foot or so comming. Good stuff for the people headed out for the Holidays.
Bruce