Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-02-2015, 06:52 PM

Default Finally:)

I can't say I've been having a good Spring A couple of fish here and there, with 3 being my highest total. As most of you know, Tawn was kind enough to let me borrow his slip in Deale while he runs his new 46 Markley (Lucky Strike) out of Happy Harbor. Many of the Deale Captains run all umbrella's and just for "chits and giggles", I decided to run all umbrella's too. My boards won't handle large umbrellas with 6 inch shad teasers, so I used small 4 and 6 arm umbrellas with 6 inch twister tails as teasers

Continued:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1735.jpg (96.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 05-02-2015, 06:56 PM

Today; we set the spread and within 20 minutes we had a nice fish on. My friend Mark brought in a slot fish (38 inches) ten bars off the board.
Continued:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1741.jpg (98.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-02-2015, 07:05 PM

We found a lot of bait in 35-45 ft of water and we had very little boat traffic. Mark saw the next fish hit a large umbrella with no weight back 16 bars. The little 5'6" boat rod was almost doubled over

Mike (Garlien) grabbed the rod and complained all the way in saying, "How far back was this rod?". Well it started back 16; plus the drag taken:roll eyes:

Quite a few fish today started on one side of the boat and were netted on the opposite side (even board lines). My crew did a great job taking rods over and under other lines in order to lip the fish and get a measurement.

Another slot fish "close" to 40, but just shy.
continue:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1738.jpg (95.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 05-02-2015, 07:10 PM

Mark and Mike kept pestering me to get the next fish. I told them I was fine with steering the boat and them bringing in fish. They threatened to just stand around and watch the next rod bounce if I didn't grab it!!

Soooo, I got the next fish. Behold, a fish under the slot and in the box.

Continue:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1739.jpg (97.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 05-02-2015, 07:23 PM

We kept a mostly east/west pattern running from 32 to 50 ft. We didn't pick up a fish on every pass, but perhaps every other pass. It didn't take long to hook up 5 fish Things slowed
We ended the day (1:30 pm) with 7 fish hooked up. Six fish boated, and only two fish under the slot to bring home. We had plenty of meat for 3 guys.

All the Judge guys worked well together. Hook 'Em, Just One More, Rockin Robin, Gypsey Danger, Lucky Strike (Tawn we will include you with us), and I all exchanged information and put fish in the boat.

My board rods finally out caught my boat rods
Fun day with friends;
Mike, thank your Mom
5th
Old 05-02-2015, 07:39 PM

Marty will do...tonight and every night.

It was a great day to send her off...I will always remember this day with good friends, sunshine, and kind thoughts...
Old 05-02-2015, 09:17 PM

Wasn't a bad morning at all. Spent most of the morning trip surrounded by Judges, particularly around Marty. We ended up with nine, eight of which were 38-39".

May 15th can't get here soon enough.

The afternoon was a different story - two fish caught the entire trip; a 28 1/4" and a 29", neither of which popped the clip. Jellies were horrible on the deep rods around 83.

Seriously considering putting 6" Storm baits on tomorrow - people want fish to take home and its is fairly difficult to catch 5-6 that aren't slot fish, just as well target the small side of the slot.

The bite is definitely a morning gig - the afternoons suck.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
Wasn't a bad morning at all. Spent most of the morning trip surrounded by Judges, particularly around Marty. We ended up with nine, eight of which were 38-39".

The afternoon was a different story - two fish caught the entire trip; a 28 1/4" and a 29",

I think all the Judge's and you cleaned that area out in the morning
That Markley looks good in the water You have to come up with a special Flag or something to fly so I don't have to keep looking through my binoculars for the name on your boat. It's hard to distinguish you from all the other white charter boats out there
Glad we could work together yesterday.
5th
Old 05-04-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post

May 15th can't get here soon enough.

The afternoon was a different story - two fish caught the entire trip; a 28 1/4" and a 29", neither of which popped the clip. Jellies were horrible on the deep rods around 83.

Seriously considering putting 6" Storm baits on tomorrow - people want fish to take home and its is fairly difficult to catch 5-6 that aren't slot fish, just as well target the small side of the slot.

3 trips this weekend. 11 fish boated, lost 5 or 6 and ended up with 2 keepers.
I did put a #19 Tony on my deep rod to keep the jellies off of it and caught a 21" fish. It was fun seeing everyone out there slugging it out. I'm out again on Wednesday. By the way all 11 fish hit umbrellas with either 4 OZ or 9 OZ heads and mostly 7 bars back. No hits on tandems
I didn't have any problem finding the Lucky Strike in the crowd. She sure looks good with all the new shiny rods in the rocket launchers.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)