Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerly View Post
fishing chesapeake bay has been my secret spot since i was 4?

i was in tackle store talking about kayak fishing tv episode where they're eeling at concrete ships. guy comments that ches fishing could be promoted and be a lot bigger than it is. somehow caught me by surprise - what could be worse? way too many boats in my secret spot already.

the good news - after watching the wfn fishing channel for year or so since i got it, i have only seen one show where they couldn't get fish. a full 1/2 hour of skunk - it was on the chesapeake

spread the word - the fishing in Florida can't be beat!!!
A guy who owns or works in a tackle shop wants to sell MORE tackle/bait, etc.. NOT talking about and pushing any fishing spots they hear about is at cross purposes with their business. Most of them will make up reports if they don't actually hear of any.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
However I am sure it was easy to figure out where we were as a boat sunk the next day in the same area giving it a lot of attention.
Yeah, and I yelled at Kevin about that too!

Got a story... when I first moved here a lot of people helped me learn to fish so I felt like I needed to return some favors and burned pretty much every spot I found. I got a Pmail one day from a guy who politely asked me to be more discrete. It pissed me off. The nerve of this as*h**e I didn't even know telling me what and what not to write online. But something he said in that message started nagging at me. He said, "I used to fish that Upper Bay spot, but the last time I tried there were fourteen boats there running their radios, engines, and shouting back and forth."

It hadn't occurred to me that for every boat I put on the fish I had ruined the spot for just as many or more good fishermen. For me, it was an "aha!" moment. I stopped being so specific and next thing I know, people I never even heard of were calling and pmailing to share information with me. My fishing success improved tenfold and I made it a point to always return the favors. One of those guys who shared with me was the same as*h**e who sent me that Pmail that pissed me off so bad. It turned out to be Jamie and we've since become very good friends and fishing partners.

Please take it in good faith, guys. Do what you think is best but there's nothing more valuable than a good fishing network and friends on the water are priceless.

"Catch & Release - A picture is worth a thousand fish"

Last edited by Shawn Kimbro; 02-24-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:40 PM

Shawn - never forgive you for telling people about the Sewer Pipe.

No one would ever have thought a huge pile of rocks sticking 6 feet off bottom and running 90* to the current would hold fish - until you told them

Spring is close - saw a Robin today. It was dead and frozen though.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 PM

Robins stay here all Winter. They roost in my Leyland cypress trees every evening.