Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-14-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
Not a problem Jeff. The lures won't be too expensive but the shipping might be.
I have the same problem here,I just went over $ spent on getting ready for 2014.
Between guides license, charter license, documentation sticker, insurance, slip fee, raw water impeller, and a few new reels I'm over 6 grand. Only problem is I can't hide it because my wife pays the bills.

bhl (Bruce)
Don't forget rubber bands or Scotty clips
5th
Old 01-14-2014, 06:39 PM

Did Mikes photo of Kate shut down the site yesterday?
5th
Old 01-14-2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Did Mikes photo of Kate shut down the site yesterday?
5th
It definitely shut me down for at least a second or 2!!!

One day I hope to have to quit fishing because I am out of Scotty clips; I think I have about 70 rigged up!

Old 01-15-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
It definitely shut me down for at least a second or 2!!!

One day I hope to have to quit fishing because I am out of Scotty clips; I think I have about 70 rigged up!
I bought 6 extra scotty clips so I can deploy 3 empty clips on each side of the boat when we put our spread out just so Marty (Mr. Carter) thinks we caught our fish already.

bhl (Bruce)

Last edited by bhl; 01-15-2014 at 06:34 AM. Reason: name correction
Old 01-15-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
I bought 6 extra scotty clips so I can deploy 3 empty clips on each side of the boat when we put our spread out just so Marty (Mr. Carter) thinks we caught our fish already.

bhl (Bruce)
That's funny, I do that too and for the exact same reason.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:27 PM

You may not have to worry about not having enough Scotty clips this year. If the dreaded rumor is true (only 3 rods/ person allowed trolling), I have a lot more clips than I need
5th
Old 01-16-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:
You may not have to worry about not having enough Scotty clips this year. If the dreaded rumor is true (only 3 rods/ person allowed trolling), I have a lot more clips than I need
5th
Unfortunately, It's not a rumor. It affects all recreational and charter boat fishermen.
Did the Sport Fisheries Advisory Commission know about this?

It is now a reg in Maryland Comar. 08.02.25.02...Recreational Gear.

C. Active Line Fishing Gear.

(1) The following gear is considered active line fishing gear:

(a) Hook and line;

(b) Rod and reel; and

(c) Handline.

(2) A maximum of three or a combination of three of the gear listed under §C(1) of this regulation may be used by an individual fishing in State waters.

(3) The gear listed in §C(1) of this regulation shall be used in a manner in which the individual is handling the gear or actively in control of the gear.

(4) No more than two hook units per line may be used on the gear listed under §C(1) of this regulation.

Last edited by reds; 01-16-2014 at 06:23 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:04 AM

Reds, it won't affect the charter captains too much. If you have a six pack, that's 18 rods. If the captain and mate are included, that's 24 rods.

Unfortunately, it is I, the little guy who is affected the most. If I take out two of my buddies, that's a max of 9 rods I can troll.
What I foresee happening, is that I will be forced to carry more anglers on my boat. How do I do this, one way (which I haven't done in the past) is to start posting for HO's.
In the past, when I took people out on my boat, expenses were on me. Now, if I have to start carrying 5 people in order to run 15 rods. I need to request HO's.
Charter captains were upset when a few guys posted for HOs, I can see why they thought this cut into their business, but now, HO requests are going to go through the roof. How else am I going to get four other people during the week on my boat without using the Internet?
This is a bad law. We need to get it repealed quickly.
It is also bad for those jigging. Right now, they are thinking, this doesn't affect me. I use one rod. Wait until they see 20 other boats jigging in their spot that holds a max of 5 boats. All the "googans" will be running their motors, stomping on the decks, and causing havoc.
Do they really think I am going to be trolling the channel with 6 rods. He'll no, I have a GPS and a map onboard. I can see where the drop offs and rips are created. I know where the bay bridge pilings are
Look for me and my fellow trollers to be shoulder to shoulder with you competing for the same fish.
This is a bad law, and it's a damn shame the way it was snuck into action.
I'm sure this is only one of many rants forthcoming from me.
Stay tuned
5th
Old 01-16-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Reds, it won't affect the charter captains too much. If you have a six pack, that's 18 rods. If the captain and mate are included, that's 24 rods.

Unfortunately, it is I, the little guy who is affected the most. If I take out two of my buddies, that's a max of 9 rods I can troll.
What I foresee happening, is that I will be forced to carry more anglers on my boat. How do I do this, one way (which I haven't done in the past) is to start posting for HO's.
In the past, when I took people out on my boat, expenses were on me. Now, if I have to start carrying 5 people in order to run 15 rods. I need to request HO's.
Charter captains were upset when a few guys posted for HOs, I can see why they thought this cut into their business, but now, HO requests are going to go through the roof. How else am I going to get four other people during the week on my boat without using the Internet?
This is a bad law. We need to get it repealed quickly.
It is also bad for those jigging. Right now, they are thinking, this doesn't affect me. I use one rod. Wait until they see 20 other boats jigging in their spot that holds a max of 5 boats. All the "googans" will be running their motors, stomping on the decks, and causing havoc.
Do they really think I am going to be trolling the channel with 6 rods. He'll no, I have a GPS and a map onboard. I can see where the drop offs and rips are created. I know where the bay bridge pilings are
Look for me and my fellow trollers to be shoulder to shoulder with you competing for the same fish.
This is a bad law, and it's a damn shame the way it was snuck into action.
I'm sure this is only one of many rants forthcoming from me.
Stay tuned
5th
It will affect charters, because not all parties are 6 or more.
On opening day, my party consists of 2 people. Has been for years. We usually limit out by 8 or so and back in before the madness gets to bad.
That will all change with being able to only use 6 rods.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:25 AM

Reds, just spoke to mr holt at DNR. It is a passed law. I see your point about opening day. I will write later, I gota go.
5th