Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-18-2014, 05:26 AM

Default Meeting Preparing Stakeholders for ASMFC Striped Bass Public Hearing

Who is trying to attend tonight?

Fisheries Service to Host Informational Meeting Preparing Stakeholders for ASMFC Striped Bass Public Hearing.

To assure that all stakeholders are fully prepared to provide their feedback at ASMFC's upcoming public hearing, Fisheries Service is hosting a public information meeting:

Thursday, September 18 6:00 pm - 9:00 PM

Florestano Building, Room 101, (Lecture Hall-101) Anne Arundel Community College 101 College Parkway Arnold, MD 21012

Park in Lot "F"

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 09-18-2014, 04:44 PM

:::::::::::::::

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Last edited by Fish Nut; 09-18-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:08 AM

Hopefully the meeting got more action than this post did!

Any news to report?

Old 09-20-2014, 07:46 AM

Yes An informative meeting. . Next week the Atlantic Marine Fisheries Commission is having meeting at chesapeake college. Change is coming and will probably be with us for at least the next three years if not the new norm. Stakeholders are pushing To have the seasons stay the same with mostly size limit changes.

PSG

Old 09-26-2014, 05:50 AM

I attended the meeting at Ches College last night with 3 friends. It was a full house in the 100 person theater. Most attendees were from the commercial sector and people came from Solomons, OC, KENT, QA, & Talbot counties. DNR & CCA was there as well. I didn't hear anyone claim to be a MSSA rep but I may have just missed it.

The bulk of the crowd seemed not pleased with CCA's call for 25% reduction call for 2015. The demand for specific Bay numbers was high - don't base the Bay fishery on the coast's data. Many felt nothing should be done until this report from the Technical Committee is provided.

The general consensus from the commercial sector seemed to be IF something is to be done before the Bay numbers are reported, it should be Option D which calls for a 7% reduction each year for 3 years.

Some Recs spoke up and echoed the CCA call for 25% for next year. As you could expect, things heated up a little bit by the end of the night but to my knowledge the police, fire dept, National Guard, nor the rescue squad were needed.

There are lots of theories and ideas about how to solve the problem. If you are concerned about the future of the fishery, I suggest you attend these types of events and let your option/thoughts be heard. Personally, I don't know what the "right" answer is for right now. I am smarter on the subject today than I was 24 hours ago so I am glad I attended. Many thanks to those that organized last nights event!!

Old 09-26-2014, 08:16 PM

Too bad you didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express the night before, you could have settled this problem

Like you said, I don't know what the answer is either. Such conflicting information.
While I truly believe the fish need some help, it needs to be across the board. Everyone should be pissed (charters, recs, and comms) if they handle this correctly. No group should get a "pass" on their take.
I do hope whatever action is taken turns out to be effective.

5th
Old 11-04-2014, 06:13 AM

I love fish nuts.

Fashion Pakistan, Pakistani Fashion, Pakistani Dresses, Pakistani Fashion Designers, Pakistani Fashion Trends

Last edited by jacob; 11-13-2014 at 07:56 AM.