Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-25-2011, 08:01 AM

Default Late Report, Ocean City 7.20.10 FYI

Launched behind Ake Marine on Wednesday, after fishing Wachapussy for the previous three days. Looking forward to some new scenery, and a few more challenges.

I LOVE fishing in Ocean City. I just hate Ocean City itself. Its completely spiraled out of control since I first began going there with my father in the early 70's.

Started out about two hours before high tide. Searched the Inlet for drop offs and was rewarded immediately with a double hook up on the first drift.. LOVE THAT. Granted both were "shorts", but a 17" short isn't that bad. Continued till high tide came flooding in. And before you know it, we're drifting at 3 MPH

Well flounder are fast, but not that fast... So we ducked in behind the Island, and then all the hated memories of OC began. The first of three Classes of Jet Skiers comes flying through and I'm out....

Back to the Inlet, still too fast. Had no intentions of going above the bridge, but really had no choice. Glad we did..

Got into a decent drift from about 7 th street in the East Channel. Steadily picking up a few shorts and a few measurable ones... And then my wife's dream of the " elusive flounder" vanished.... The bend in the rod confirmed a net was required. A few moments later we landed a 21" fish of her dreams.

High fives all around, a pat on her ass, (hubby hubby ) and I'm just about to throw it back when shes no way, that's Phils...

I agreed and in the box he went. Continues till about two PM and tide slacked off and so did the bite. Packed it in finishing a very nice four day trip.

Notes: Water was remarkable cooler than Wachapreague. By 10 degrees. Bait was some really large shiners from our friends at C Hawk Tackle. Minnows from AKE were really nice also.