Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-18-2017, 06:00 AM

Default Sat 6/17 Trolling report from North of the BB

Fished yesterday with No Regrats (and no regrets ). Had 1/2 the crew do the 6:30 am no show; I guess 6:30 isn't considered "sleeping in" enough for some folks.
Trolled a 5 rod spread - 3 hoses and 2 BFG's. Fish seemed to be in 20-28' of water mainly. The BFG's smoked the hoses. Had a couple fish on hoses but 95% were little BFG. We could have had our limit of fish by 7:30 but we only boxed 1. We had a few people that asked for fillets so we were going to keep a few today. Kept fishing and caught LOTS of fish but many were small. Stayed out until 11:30ish and only boxed 1 over and 2 unders around 23". Figured that should be enough to go around. Only caught 1 skate but they were everywhere. Lost a hose when we snagged bottom and while I was replacing rig, Stevan had to reel in 5 fish and run the boat In fact, he ran the boat most of the morning and I got to sit back and enjoy a cold beer or 2. If the others had showed up we could have easily limited them out too.

It's always a good time fishing with No Regrats. When we hit 'em like yesterday I have NO regrets! We only shared the spot with a 27' Judge and we got a quick visit from another 27 Judge, a famous Bay Captain, "5th something or other."
Best part is we didn't even burn 8 gallons of fuel!!! The heck with 35 gallon trips to Bloody Point!

PS- Bubba Blade's are bad A$$ fillet knives! FWIW- i prefer the 7" over the 9"

Old 06-18-2017, 09:06 AM

Sounds like the kind of day memories are made of.

Someone else on here caught some decent fish yesterday.....and no skates but reported seeing a ton of dolphins.....with video proof!
Old 06-18-2017, 01:19 PM

It was good seeing you out there Jeff
Because I was solo, my intent was to jig a few places that normally hold fish. They were there (according to the fish finder), but the southerly wind pushed me off them too quickly.
Soooo, you know what I had to do
Put 3 trolling rods out and go scout an area that was very good to us last year, just a little later in the summer. Found fish here also. Had a nice over on the line, but lost at the boat Then a 26 was brought onboard, but released.

I had plenty of fish from Thursday trip with Mlag.

Winds continued to build, so I headed for the barn to clean the boat and BS with others at the marina.

I'm not sure who the other 27 owner was, but I think it is the other 27 on my creek (Bodkin has three 27 Judge's).

Glad you found them without traveling too far. I know Mike (garlein) found some nice fish as well. He should chip in here soon.

Happy Father's Day to all
5th
Old 06-18-2017, 06:43 PM

It's always a good time fishing with Jeff. It was nice to you Saturday Marty. Glad I could help you locate the Justified.