Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-01-2012, 03:30 PM

Thumbs up Wednesday 10/31 report

Sorry I'm late but here's a quick report from the Choptank. 3 of us went out yesterday to check out the conditions and fishing after the storm.
For the record, Tilghman Is. was spared any appreciable damage and we only lost power for a few hours. We did lose Cable for a day but otherwise we really did OK.
We left at 1:30pm and tried trolling in some favorite spots. We saw LOTS of birds but they were in shoal water. Only one CC was on them (everyone else was on the hard?). We got as close as we dared but failed to see them catch anything ?? Finally they pulled in a dink that had to be 10-11" ! We turned away and hooked up with a fish that was 12". So much for those birds. We went back out to deeper water,reset the lures and continued trolling. We managed 3 keepers ,23,23 1/2, and a fat 25. We released 5, 17'' throwbacks and had 1 Bluefish bite-off, (very surprised).
Water was clear with no debris. Wind kicked up and the temp dropped to uncomfortable area so we packed it in. The fall conditions have not kicked in yet. Last year at this time we were catching 40"+ fish consitantly in this same area. I think the storm will delay the arrival of the big fish but we will have to see.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:07 PM

Thanks for the report Charlie.

I see they are opening up the dam. One of the problems I have when the dam gets opened is that a lot of grass is brought down and gets on the trolling lures and lines. I hope they don't have to open too many gates.
5th (Marty)