Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2014, 12:46 AM

To me the colors are more to entice the buyer of the lure, not the fish. In the Chesapeake Bay, I don't think the color of anything matters because, as Skip knows from personal diving experience, even the fish can't see far down there.

Me, I like bling...flash and sound. Fish will react to flash because it occurs naturally when bait is around and it's easier to see in the color of water I fish in usually (above the bridge) and they'll hone in on sound long before they'll ever see a bait.

I also try to put a worm rattler inside the tail of every shad we have out.

Color wise, we run green and white and if we've got an umbrella out, it's usually got a spinner or two on it to add some flash and more vibration.

When we switch to Uncle John's spoons, we have definitely found that running an umbrella or bar with his teasers and lures, we have twice the action when we replace one of the lures with a C/A lure of similar size.

To me, the difference of the action on the C/A as oppsed to everything else makes it really look wounded.