Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 PM

Default 5/6 - a Good day off TPL

Had a friend onboard today that was a self proclaimed "Jonah". He drove in from Williamsport,PA last night to go today. He has even been to New England chasing Stripers but never caught a legal one. His skunk had been happening for 7 years!!! Needless to say, the curse was broken today!! The Chesapeake pulled through for my friend and he was able to bring in not only A legal one, but 2 legal ones!!! And they were 38" and 39" to boot. We had another 38" today as well. 4 guys- 3 fish- that's not a bad day in my book!! Of course the Captain gets hosed out a fish when you come up short but I guess it was MY fault for not putting us on 1 more?!?!!?

One hit a nice new chart/glitter daisy chain i got from Fishnut, one hit on a white ROCK ON tandem rig, and one on a Spankin Striper. Plus, the 1st two we had on spit the hook halfway to the boat. We caught fish in 38', 42", and 80' but fished from 30'-104'. Oddly enough, of the action we had today, most of it came off the boat rods. I think only 1 knockdown and 1 fish were off the boards. Weird.... Also, we did seem to do much better when we got away from the other boats.
A good day and I was very happy to have hopefully helped end the pursuit of the "elusive" Striper for my buddy! . Back out Thursday (unless I sneak out before then )

Old 05-07-2013, 02:59 AM

Great job Jeff. Be sure to hook everything in the lip so no blood gets on that deck
5th
Old 05-07-2013, 12:31 PM

Good job Jeff. I hope to be out Wed, Thurs and Fri. Give me a shout when you come out on Thursday and I will give you any intel that I may have (good or bad)...............................Mark cell (301) 602-2148
Old 05-07-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlag View Post
Good job Jeff. I hope to be out Wed, Thurs and Fri. Give me a shout when you come out on Thursday and I will give you any intel that I may have (good or bad)...............................Mark cell (301) 602-2148
That would be great, thanks!! My cell 410-708-0087. I hope to be out sometime around 11:00 for the afternoon. Friday will be bright and early though, leaving the dock at 5:30ish.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:32 PM

Good report, sounds like they are still around. Good way to break the skunk streak.

Jimmy
Old 05-08-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
That would be great, thanks!! My cell 410-708-0087. I hope to be out sometime around 11:00 for the afternoon. Friday will be bright and early though, leaving the dock at 5:30ish.
I am trying to get out Friday as well. Probabaly around 6:00 am.
I'm probably going to be a little south of you. I'll call you if we do anything or not.
bhl (Bruce)