Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-09-2013, 08:14 PM

Default Bloody 5/9

Fished from 11-3 today just south of right out front, aka Just off BP. Boated 2 fish 34" and 37". Lost a short on the way to the boat. Had a few knockdown too. Fish anywhere from 60' to 107'. Boated fish on Spankin Stripers AGAIN.....

Headed out early Tomorrow AM and then heading to Solomon's in the afternoon to fish our way back home on Sat. Got to be home for momma's day on Sunday!!

Old 05-10-2013, 02:41 AM

Jeff, you're getting that Judge dialed in. I had a day off yesterday, so I went fishing with Jerry on the 27 Judge Hillbilly Deluxe. He worked all night, so we just put in a few hours so I could see his boat and how he rigs his rods. I'm always stealing good ideas
Back on Patent Pending this morning.
Best of luck,
5th
Old 05-11-2013, 09:12 AM

Marty,

How has the last few days been ?

Still hit and miss ?

Mike
Old 05-11-2013, 09:31 AM

I'm really taking a liking to Spankin' Striper " Black Pu$$y " lure.

It's been doing real good.

Love the names he comes up with.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:37 AM

Mike; the last couple of days have been excellent. We are fishing further south (between Ches. Beach and Breezy). Deep water has been most productive, but 40 ft of water produces a few as well. Seeing more bait as the season go forward
We have picked up a couple throwbacks, and some 30 in fish in the mix. My most productive tandems have been back 8 and 7 bars. Yesterday, with no winds and sunny skies, we had bait flipping on the surface I shortened some lines to 4 and 5 bars and they were very productive
Some days, we are done by 10:30 but we have to keep fishing because it's too early for Capt John to cook lunch on the boat After lunch, I bring in the rods slowly and wrap them up. The customers asked me if we ever catch a fish while bringing in the rods (22 total). I told them it happens often. I got down to the last rod, closest to the board. I reached up and felt the fish take the lure I yelled "fish on" and the party laughed They thought I was pulling their leg with only one rod in the water.
My next words were, "Someone grab this _______ rod"
Another nice fish was caught and released to spawn another day
5th (Marty)
Old 05-11-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Mike; the last couple of days have been excellent. We are fishing further south (between Ches. Beach and Breezy). Deep water has been most productive, but 40 ft of water produces a few as well. Seeing more bait as the season go forward
We have picked up a couple throwbacks, and some 30 in fish in the mix. My most productive tandems have been back 8 and 7 bars. Yesterday, with no winds and sunny skies, we had bait flipping on the surface I shortened some lines to 4 and 5 bars and they were very productive
Some days, we are done by 10:30 but we have to keep fishing because it's too early for Capt John to cook lunch on the boat After lunch, I bring in the rods slowly and wrap them up. The customers asked me if we ever catch a fish while bringing in the rods (22 total). I told them it happens often. I got down to the last rod, closest to the board. I reached up and felt the fish take the lure I yelled "fish on" and the party laughed They thought I was pulling their leg with only one rod in the water.
My next words were, "Someone grab this _______ rod"
Another nice fish was caught and released to spawn another day
5th (Marty)
We did well yesterday in the same area. Got 9 fish in an hour and a half.
We shortened up most of the lines to 40 feet and ran single 4 and 2 ounce lures off the boards. Two of our fish actually splashed on the surface while taking the baits. Bait was flipping everywhere and every once in a while we saw big swirls.
Was supposed to go tomorrow but the wind will be too bad for the crew I had lined up.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 05-11-2013, 12:32 PM

We had 7 in the area on 5/9 as well. Solos off the boards 4-5 bars were good and 3 came on deep umbrellas out 50-70' with 20 oz. We left them biting as I had to be in early.

I have moved all my baits to the Bloody point baits by all tackle with the thin mylar strips in them.

Odd thing to note was that the belly of the fish I cleaned was filled with silversides..

Last edited by B-Faithful; 05-11-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
Odd thing to note was that the belly of the fish I cleaned was filled with silversides..
Bluefish won't be far behind