Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-23-2013, 07:56 PM

Default Been busy (trying to stand up!)

I'm not going to rehash the fact that it's been "snotty" out there for the past 4days.We all know how bad it's been
We fished up near Marty and John on Sunday. It took us an hour just to get across the bay to fish the west side, out of the wind a bit. For those of you who don't know, the BIG WILL is an old work boat, built as a clammer, and fast she is not! What she is , is big and heavy and ready to take whatever the bay throws at us. We pounded around all day and wound up with 4 keepers to 39" and one throwback at 26". No one got sick or hurt and everyone went home happy.
Sunday was just as bad and a little colder. We fished much closer to home and managed 3 keepers to 40"! Very crowded conditions in a very small area but some nice fish to be had.
Monday we were back and finally limited out for our 4man party. Another Citation at 41" topped the list and the others were all from 37 to 39". Conditions were still cold and windy (NE) and the water is stained brown Screwing up our white shads.
Today found us in the same area with fewer boats and more fish! We had 8 fish on but only boated 4. The keepers were 46", 42" and 2 at 39"!! The fish lost were huge, 3 broke leaders and 1 threw the hook! Lot's of action and we got in early
We are averaging a Citation a day and I hope this pace keeps up!! The 6-pack lures have been doing well...landed a 41 and 39" and a MONSTER HIT today, snapped the leader like a twig and I lost the rig. Our best lure has been John Deere/ White Shad, off the boards, back 7 bars. Next is Blue/white Shad same thing. The depths have been around 40-30'. The 46"er came in 28' today.
We are booked into May except for tomorrow when we are "fun fishing" for ourselves. Hopefully, I'll get to reel one in for myself, for a change Meanwhile I have to get in touch with Fish Nut for some more 6 Packs!!!
Good luck out there and if you see Big Will give us a wave!
Captain Charlie
PS. I'm going to try posting some pics from the past 4 days.
Sorry...posting pics here is a pain in the butt. Forget it !
Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 PM

Thanks for the report Captain Charlie.Any ideas what the brown water is about?I fished one day out of Breezy Point and one day out of Sandy point and the water looked cleaner up north.That's a first for me.Whatever the brown stuff is it dose stain the shads.Looks like some calm day's are coming .Good luck out there!

Last edited by 1morecast; 04-25-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:56 AM

Calm days, calm days: that's like crack to an addict for me I may be able to go back to Scotty clips
5th
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Calm days, calm days: that's like crack to an addict for me I may be able to go back to Scotty clips
5th
Marty...Despite getting pounded every day and the boards in the air more than in the water, I never had one slip out of the clips. Of course you know I use 80 mono.
but it worked flawlessly for me.
We only had one fish, fun fishing, yesterday but it was 47" Pounded around from 5:30am to 3:30pm !!!! We postponed today until noon because of the wind. Looks like we made a good call since it has laid down nicely.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 PM

Charlie, as you know, we use all braid on PP The braid pops a lot easier
Pulling a double tomorrow
5th