Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-16-2013, 02:11 PM

Default Sat the 16th around Love Point

Started trolling in the mouth of the Chester River this morning. Didn't really give it a fair shot but tried it for an hour or so- Zilch!!

Moved just north of LP and jigged metal on bottom a bit. Caught a few shorts under the birds so thought we would go back to the troll. Had a brief flurry of action, about 20 minutes worth. Caught a few fish but only managed a 22" for the box all morning. Marked a lot os "stuff" on bottom. Headed back in about noon.

Pulled spoon spreader-bar, tony, BFG,and tandem bucktails. Fish hit the deep rods on bottom. No boards today, just boat rods.

But at least is wasn't blowing!!

Old 11-17-2013, 05:33 PM

Thought I heard you on the radio. We worked hard for one dink. Fished blind most of the morning, good electronics sure helped..

Joe
Old 11-17-2013, 07:31 PM

Was on the VHF briefly today. Slow day yesterday, but even slower today. Would have never made it out without the Furuno this morning. Congrats on the dink, that was enough to whoop my butt!

Old 11-18-2013, 09:29 AM

Thanks for the report. I managed three keepers in the Chester, LP area on Saturday, but really pretty slow for the amount of hours I put in. Two on deep umbrella w/ storm shads and another on a bottom bouncing rod in deeper water with a storm shad (so 30ft or so deep but not on the bottom). All fish caught in 30+ ft of depth. Nothing but some small fish shallower. Tried jigging early in the day with nothing but some sub-legals to show for it.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:12 PM

That fog was intense yesterday.

I was surprised at the number of small boats, including some skiffs heading to SPSP to launch in the morning.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
That fog was intense yesterday.

I was surprised at the number of small boats, including some skiffs heading to SPSP to launch in the morning.
As I came down the bay from Tolchester, I ran the main channel. Passing through the buoys, you could see one but not the other!! They can't be more than 50 yards apart tops! I'm referring to the set of red and green together, not going from 1 set to the next. Man was it thick!! I was able to use radar and never felt uneasy. I didn't rip down then bay at WOT or anything, but felt much more confident being out there than my wife did

Old 11-18-2013, 10:21 PM

We worked the same area on Saturday morning too...left for home at 1PM. Started in the Chester where we took 3 22-26" fish the previous weekend. Nothing at all this time. Pulled them up and motored out to the LP Buoy, then worked the shelf on the KI side from there up to the Triple Buoys...took one 23" in 30' of water on a green/chartreuse umbrella trailing a 9/0 CA in green/chartreuse. It was on the downrigger set @ 25'.

"Found" a 19" on a 3oz bucktail in tandem with a 13/0 silver CA back 250' off the roof when we pulled in the rods. The CA weighed more than the fish.

Ended the day just above Green #7. It was cold, damp and very slow.

It was also the last trip of the year.