Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-27-2013, 07:51 PM

Default Out front of Deale is wide open!

Needed 12. I never even got all ten boat rods set...limited out in 40 minutes. Had two doubles (two fish on one umbrella, one on each storm bait simultaneously). As I was pulling the gear in, we had two more that had to go back.

Since it was only 8:50am, we went looking for perch. Found them out front too along with a few spot. About fifty nice sized fish with two or three citation size perch! I wouldn't have believed they were there in that number and size in May if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes.

Of course all this happens as I have a trim tab fail and the bottom paint start falling off my personal boat! Tomorrow I'm going to see if Bill can get it in this week and get it repaired quickly...I want it back before live lining kicks off in full force.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27 may.jpg (28.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 27 may 13.jpg (62.6 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Tawn; 05-27-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:04 AM

A double on an umbrella, that sounds like fun to reel in!! Nice work on a full cooler and fast. Hopefully Bill can get your boat turned around quickly for you.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:01 AM

Tawn; that's great that you don't have to go far to fill the cooler It looks like there's quality fish all up and down the western shore from Podickery (Magothy River) all the way to the Power Plant

I haven't been in touch with my Eastern Shore buds, but I can only assume the fish are there as well

Best of luck getting your boat back in tip top shape!
5th
Old 05-28-2013, 04:50 PM

I talked with Harry & Will at Bill's today. Pulling the boat tomorrow and taking it over to Denton Thursday. They say I should have it back in about a week.

This winter ALL the bottom paint is being sanded or soda blasted off and a barrier coat and premium bottom paint are going on .... tired of dealing with it!