Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-13-2013, 05:27 AM

Default Tuesday, 10 Sep 13

Last year I took out some coworkers including my civilian boss. Now about once every 6-8 weeks he asks if we can take a day off and go fishing....not a bad problem to have.

Tuesday we left at 0700, caught our spot and were limited out by 1040. I then took them perch fishing to kill another hour or two before we went in and had the fish cooked up at the Harbor for lunch.

Found our fish North of Poplar in abut 30' of water. The extra chain on the anchor made all the difference. Had a few bluefish problems but nothing terrible. Fish weren't anything special; 18"-20", our biggest was 24".

I have a one year old 22 lbs Delta Fast Set I would let go for $50 if anyone is interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10 Sep Boat at HH.jpg (95.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 10 Sep Fish.jpg (95.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 10 Sep lunch.jpg (77.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Tawn; 09-13-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:18 AM

Tawn, will Happy Harbor cook up your fish for anybody, or just you because you mate out of Happy Harbor? How's it work? They don't charge you for the meal if you buy drinks? Do they have dedicated slip for transient customers?

Also, what's with the anchor? Did you having trouble anchoring?
5th (Marty)
Old 09-13-2013, 09:27 AM

Marty,
They will cook up anyone's fish. It's about $9.00, they will cook it however you like and it comes with two sides. The blackened is my favorite.

They have 4-5 transient slips - they are marked with white signs. I usually come in between Rick and Bobby's boats, the Miss Margret & Bonnie Sue.

Kind of a nice way to end a trip and a lot of my friends get a kick out of eating their fish a hour or two after they caught it.

I have been using a 22 lbs Delta Fast Set anchor with 15' of 1/4" chain. There were several times I had a hard time getting it to hook up and hold. I just added 12' of 5/16" chain for a total of 27' of chain and put the 16 lbs Danforth style anchor back on and it worked like a champ. To be honest, I think the additional length of heavier chain was all that I needed.

Last edited by Tawn; 09-13-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:04 PM

Dang................you boys are making me hungry.