Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-06-2013, 09:06 PM

Default Skunk's off the boat, on 1st attempt!!

Moved the boat south this afternoon. Took a leisurely trip leaving from Tolchester at 3:30pm, much later than I was hoping for but the weather just kept getting nicer. Put 4 rods off a board and ran 2 boat rods. Started at TPL and headed for Bloody. Just the wife and I trying to hone her skills as the Pit Boss (cockpit that is). She did well helping put out the spread and sure enough, she spotted the "FISH ON" first. (I was busy making sure we didn't side swipe a ship, hint hint, so she had a leg up on me.)
Nice fish about 32"ish with no lice. Grabbed quick pic and away it went to see another day- hit a purple and white tandem. Had a nice knockdown on a DEEP chart umbrella but didn't come tight. Absolutely gorgeous out there this evening, fished from 4:45 to about 6:45. Saw Tawn (Hells Belles) at BPL just as we started to pick up. Didn't do as well as Hook 'Em but my crew was MUCH better looking!!!!
Supposed to blow tomorrow and we are supposed to take out a chick that gets sick Might try to convince them to wax the boat in the slip instead
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.3 KB, 24 views)

Old 04-07-2013, 07:21 AM

I went and picked the boat up from BOE yesterday and we put it in and went boat riding for little while just to make sure everything ran okay...ended up taking some friends to look at the lighthouses, I was leaving BPL headed to TPL when I saw you guys Jeff.

In hindsight, I wish I gotten closer and gotten some "on the water" pictures of your boat for you.

My cell is 240-299-8948 and I usually monitor channel 67 in addition to 16 when on the water.

Plan on going back out today and going to lunch on Tilghmans Island.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:48 AM

Tawn, I looked north with the binoculars yesterday and saw two bright shiny objects gleaming in the sunshine. I couldn't figure what is was, but now I know it must have been you and Mark (mlag) with those two newly waxed 27's running around with the sun bouncing off the hull

I'm not waxing mine until after trophy season. I don't want those fish scared as we wind them in toward the boat and they think they are "being drawn toward the light"

5th
Old 04-07-2013, 03:03 PM

Default Total loss today

Didn't take boat out 'cause I knew it wouldn't go well AND couldn't get my guests to wash or wax either. The guys seemed ok with it but the gals were hearing no parts of that idea. In hind-site, I should have sent the girls to Annapolis Mall and had the boys help me.... Damn hind-site! On second thought, I can hire someone to do the waxing with the money I saved by my bride NOT going to the mall Now that's JUSTIFIED!