Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 08-05-2013, 12:27 PM

Thumbs up Live Lining & Perchin’ with Skip and a Killer Dinner 7/30

Hanging Out With, Fishing With, And Learning From One Of The Best, July 30th, 2013

Summary
I had the privilege of being a guest on Skip’s 27-foot Grady Sailfish today, and we had a very productive day. There were five of us live lining, and we caught rockfish from 21 inches to just shy of 30 inches. After we had limited out on rockfish, we caught perch and kept about 30 from about 9 inches up to about 11 inches. In addition to Skip and me, the crew consisted of John, Marcus, and Mike.

This 29˝ Incher Was a Blast

My Share of the Catch

Tasty Morsels

Perch Fillets

Conditions
Low tide at Annapolis was at 7:02 AM, high tide was at 11:44 AM, and the moon was 48% visible and waning. The water temperature was about 80°, and has trended down over the past two weeks from about 88° since the heat wave snapped. Annapolis salinity was about 8.0 PSU, and is up from about 5 PSU in mid July due to the recent lack of rain.

We Got and early Start Today

The winds were out of the north at 6 to 10 knots in the early morning hours, but they laid down to 4 to 5 knots by late morning.. There was a 1-foot chop when we went out on the open bay at 6 am, but the waves subsided as the day wore on.

Bahamian Perch for Dinner
That night, Kate and I had a killer dinner of “Bahamian boiled perch”, a dish that I learned to make on our recent vacation in the Bahamas. If interested, see below. I washed mine down with a beer, and I went to bed, tired but happy, at 9 PM. Once again, a big thanks to Skip for the invitation.

A Perfect Ending to a Perfect day

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bahamian Boiled Fish
http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...ish17099.shtml
Instead of potatoes cooked with the rest of the vegetables, I cooked rice on the side. I used yellow and green squash and Vidalia onions, Bahamian spiced salt, thyme, and a little crushed red pepper. I marinated the perch in lemon juice, lime juice, and Bahamian spiced salt. The fish only takes about 6 minutes to cook. The Bahamian spice salt is available here.
http://www.pasionteas.com/product/bahamian-spice-salt

Preparing Dinner:

Perch Fillets at the Ready

Bahamian Spiced Salt

Marinade the Fish, Refrigerate, Then Prepare the Veggies

Old 08-05-2013, 06:41 PM

Just imagine what size fish I would have put you on if you had brought chocolate donuts

Always fun fishing with you - glad you had good time.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:15 AM

Rivercat- must you be so vague with your reports? You don't need to spot burn but at least throw a few details in there. You might as well have just said "I fished" and that's it!
Thanks for a great report (as always) and it looks like someone had a LOT of filleting to do! What a terrible problem to have

Old 08-08-2013, 01:18 PM

I thoroughly enjoy your trip reports.

I don't believe I pay enough attention to what we are doing to get into that level of detail...