Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-15-2010, 12:53 PM

Default a Proper introduction

Hi Guys,

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and got around to joining this forum today. I've really been impressed by the sense of common friendship on this forum as opposed to several others that I checked out. You guys have fun here, actually know eachother and don't seem to play the one-up-manship "game" that I've seen on other forums.

You all also seem to have real talent for fishing, something that I sorely lack. I couldn't catch a fish if you velcro'ed it to my line and promised my money if I got it in the boat!

I have no idea why since I grew up on the water and have owned boats for more years then not. My fishing downfall began with my first child 25 years ago. I believe that was around the time I caught my last fish. Seems that I'm always baiting someones hook or helping someone else land thier fish that I don't have too much time to actually have my own line in the water.

A week or so ago I went out and bought another boat, a little family runabout...17' maxum which is just fine for us to run in the rivers or bay on calmer days. I suppose it'll be spending a good amount of time pulling a tube or putt putting around but I'll get in some fish time. My sweetheart of almost five years(soon to be wife) loves to fish so that's a big difference between her and tob (the old bi**h).

So maybe my fishing luck will improve if I hang out with you guys? A little luck probably wouldn't hurt me either. Heck, if you want to improve the local fish populations, let me fish them, they will be as safe as can be!!

So I'll be here, probably trying to keep my mouth shut so I can learn something from the guys that DO have a clue since I, by the looks of it, don't!

Thanks for tolerating me,

Erad
________
DivaVirtual cam

Last edited by eradicator; 09-03-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:45 PM

Welcome to the board. Don't be afraid to post poor performances (fishing only please), my year has only been average so far. But; that's about to change (or so I think every time I go out).
5th (Marty)

p.s.
Headed back ouside to finish painting the boat.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:00 PM

Hey, the one-up-manship will come out. Skip's been laying low recently....

Welcome to the board. Whereabouts are you? There are a few clubs around the bay you might do well with joining. You should definiitely stay away from the "Upper Bay Bad Boyz". They're bad.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 PM

Thanks guys...I'll be sure to keep away from the "bad boys" LOL. Grays creek is off the Magothy. I grew up a couple of creeks over so it's kind of ironic that after all these years, I'm local to this area again. We were going to go out tonight, it's dead calm out but I didn't get home till 7 and since I leave my home at 4:30am, it was a long day.

Thanks again....hopefully my luck will begin to change now. We had gone out last Saturday but neither of us got nary a nibble. She got a little sea sick when I began to leave the river so we spent the day fishing around the Magothy. NADA fish. We've GOT to do better then that this weekend!!

Erad(jeff)
________
E-cigarette store

Old 06-15-2010, 07:56 PM

Welcome.... We really hate each other and are secretly having affairs with each others wife's and or older daughters.

I do like your approach.... Watch, read learn, and THEN ask a question.

This place is at a turtles pace, so please feel free to ask anything at anytime.

And it would never hurt to attend a seminar by either Shawn Kimbro or Skip
Old 06-16-2010, 05:49 PM

Welcome to the board. I am just up the river from you on Cypress Creek. We could meet up at the Island one day and I could show you many spots on the magothy that hold fish pretty much year round.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefishnfool View Post
Welcome to the board. I am just up the river from you on Cypress Creek. We could meet up at the Island one day and I could show you many spots on the magothy that hold fish pretty much year round.
That would be great.... when I was a kid growing up on the Magothy, I was never into fishing so any fishing I did was out on the bay, usually at Thomas Point or Baltimore Lighthouse. We used to pray that we could get in and out of cornfield creek without losing a sheer pin to the seaweed.

I remember seeing crop dusters running the length of the creek....then, no more seaweed......and no more crabs, no more rockfish...etc. Funny, when they talk about the lose of all the baygrasses, no one seems to remember that it was intentionally eradicated in the early 70's.

I just received a set of Smart-tabs that I ordered on Monday...gonna put them on tomorrow and take my baby out to try them out. Hope they help....it sure is boring only going 5 knots....and I'd really rather she go with me so we'll see....

Erad
________
LIVE SEX