Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 12-26-2014, 07:42 PM

Default Almost fishing report

The wife and I took a ride over to the Eastern Shore today to check out a couple ponds I fish during the winter. I didn't even take a rod with me, because I know I would have turned the day into a "just one more cast" event instead of a day walking and exploring with her

Here's the good news. We pulled into Tuckahoe Lake and I was surprised to see a few turtles laying on logs. That's always a good sign that the water is warm enough for the fish to be active. There were even some lilly pads that hadn't died off completely. I was starting to wish I had the kayak and a couple of rods with me

We walked around a bit, then went to check out another private pond I haven't fished in about 15 years. It was looking "fishy" too.

Both the lake and the pond were really dirty from the recent rain. Lots of sediment suspended in the water. The really disconcerting thing I saw was a huge amount of "foam" in the Tuckahoe spillway. I'll post a pic; can this be phosphorous from the runoff? Never saw this before.

Here's the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1585.jpg (98.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-26-2014, 07:48 PM

Something else that was interesting was the amount of beaver activity we saw around the lake. When kayaking the lake in the spring, we saw lots of lodges upstream, but this activity was right on the lake proper.
Looks like the beaver population is expanding rapidly

Yeah, Bevis and Butthead would be giggling saying, "He said beaver"

5th

Look closely, you can see two trees being taken down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1583.jpg (102.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-26-2014, 07:59 PM

Perhaps someone knows the answer to this:
The wife and I were wondering, "What makes a beaver select a tree?" We saw three different types of trees being worked over. He was taking down a beech, a sycamore, and an oak; why the variety?

Anyway, it was a beautiful day to be outside. Did anyone fish?

Because we were close to Denton, we drove past Bill Judge's place of business. Sorry Lolo, they were closed for the holidays and I didn't get any pic's of your boat. I did see Dave's (Miss Eloise) outside

Later,
5th