Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-06-2011, 12:40 PM

Default Brandon's TF poll

I didn't want to post this on TF because I didn't want Brandon to get his panties in a knot (seems I get under his skin lately).
He wants us to rate last season; and quite frankly, I was hesitant to post my reply. With Brandon being the original person to call for restrictions on C/R, I was wondering what he would do with this information.

Many of us either restricted or eliminated fishing reports on TF this past year because we felt that there was at least the perception that those reports were used against us; now many of those same people are racing to tell Brandon their year end review.

I don't get it.
5th (Marty)
Old 01-06-2011, 02:12 PM

I used to enjoy that site immensely, but it runs SO damn slow for me now and it's a pain to use, so I rarely hit it anymore.

I still pay for my search privileges though.

I won't be participating in the poll. Everybody perceives the year differently anyway. I had a crappy month or two, then a fantastic time. At least in my eyes. Other more experienced fishermen might think my catches were pathetic.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
I still pay for my search privileges though.
Hint......hint.....hint.......you don't have to pay for them.....
Old 01-06-2011, 02:44 PM

Marty, I participated, and I think I gave it a below average rating. I was looking for the " It Sucked" category but couldn't find it.

I try not to read into" What he's going to do" with the info so much. What can he really do with it anyway ? Its really not a scientific poll. I think its just going to make all of us feel better that most of us had a below average year.

Fishing sucks for sure. I'm just waiting for the day that a moratorium is put in place. The sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And I wouldn't discount the fact that Brandon probably belongs to CB.

Just food for thought.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:43 PM

I answered it honestly - spring was well below the last 5-6 years for me.

Very few had a good spring - no big secret there. I talked to different people who went out on charters - very few boats got a limit. Some only got 2-3 fish on an 8 hour trip with 30 lines out Some charters targeted smaller males - resident fish - in 25 to 30 feet. These 28 to 32 inchers saved the day for some.

I would not sweat too much. The YOY was below average even with the new PSCR restrictions. Guess that was not the problem after all.

Most realize far too many big Rock are being killed up / down the coast.
Real question - will anything useful be done ?

Best thing might be to just C/R until mid May - on a volunteer basis.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:06 PM

I caught more and bigger fish this spring than last spring in the bay with equal effort. I guess that means I had a better year. I had a good shark season to, but after that fishing offshore pretty much sucked in 2010. I didn't get out on the bay much in the fall since we had another kiddo.

www.DCMSSA.org
Twitter: @DCMSSA
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

23' SeaCraft, Twin E-Tec 150s
Old 01-06-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakesdad View Post
Marty, I participated, and I think I gave it a below average rating. I was looking for the " It Sucked" category but couldn't find it.

I try not to read into" What he's going to do" with the info so much. What can he really do with it anyway ? Its really not a scientific poll. I think its just going to make all of us feel better that most of us had a below average year.

Fishing sucks for sure. I'm just waiting for the day that a moratorium is put in place. The sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned.

And I wouldn't discount the fact that Brandon probably belongs to CB.

Just food for thought.
I agree it's not a scientific poll, but changes last year were made based on "concerns we have heard".
As far as Brandon belonging to CBA, I would count on it. I'm sure he wanted to keep an eye on the "competition". I just didn't want to post this on TF because it would produce too much drama.
5th (Marty)
Old 01-06-2011, 05:29 PM

Concerns that were heard or 7-8 well connected people calling in favors because they did not like C/R fishing.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
I didn't want to post this on TF because I didn't want Brandon to get his panties in a knot (seems I get under his skin lately).
He wants us to rate last season; and quite frankly, I was hesitant to post my reply. With Brandon being the original person to call for restrictions on C/R, I was wondering what he would do with this information.

Many of us either restricted or eliminated fishing reports on TF this past year because we felt that there was at least the perception that those reports were used against us; now many of those same people are racing to tell Brandon their year end review.

I don't get it.
5th (Marty)
You don't think Brandon reads this board You do have to learn a lesson from all of last years mess though...........Gary
Old 01-06-2011, 07:08 PM

Can't blame me for getting you into this one lol