Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-09-2010, 06:45 AM

Default 8/6 - 8/7 - 8/8 Fishing Report

I headed out of Sandy Point Friday afternoon with my son and picked up some spot at Sandy Point Light House we fished the pilings at the bridge with no luck. So we headed to Hacketts and picked up one Rock and released it right before dusk.

Then we set up for some croaker at Hacketts in 18' - 20' of water. We started using squid and were only catching perch but they were nice quality perch. Around 9:30 and still not one croaker in the boat we decided to head further south to my "Ole faithful" spot. We switched over to Blood worms and started hitting them right away. Ended up catching 60 croaker and keeping 12 at 16" plus! Daylight came and we ran up to the bridge drifted a few pilings and the sewer pipe with no luck. I am having a hard time figuring out those pilings! We were both tired and called it a day at 9:00.

Went out at daylight on Sunday with a couple of buddies and returned to "Ole Faithful" Using Blood worms we picked up 30 quality Croakers and enough Spot to live line. Seen some boats at Thomas Point and went to check it out.Nada... Ran to Poplar Island and joined the crowd of recs and charters limited out in a couple of hours the biggest being 23".

Last edited by STMAN; 08-09-2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 08-09-2010, 12:05 PM

Those are some nice croakers. Don't worry about not being able to figure out the bridge pilings; a lot of those fish are nasty looking now anyway.
Nice report.
5th (Marty)
Old 08-10-2010, 12:05 PM

WTG on the croaks! The bloodies seem to be the hot ticket this year with croakers.