Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2010, 09:31 AM

Default Fishing 9/11 "Croakers ???"

I went out at daylight Saturday in hope to hit the croakers one more time. I went to my "Old Faithful" fishing hole which has produced hundreds of croaker for me this season. I fished 2 hours and only put one croaker in the box along with around 20 spot. I guess they are gone! Since they are gone my honey hole was Tolly Point in 18 - 20' of water.

I headed up to Hacketts green can to see if I could pick up some perch or croaker there. Slow fishing at best I finally hit some perch in 23 - 25' of water.

At 10:30 I am still hungry for some action so I head up to the Bay Bridge to live line the pilings. Long story short I ended up with a 22" and a 26" Rockfish for dinner and was home by 1:00.

The bottom fishing has slowed down quite a bit in the past couple of weeks. I guess I will start trolling more and more.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:38 PM

Don't give up yet....I have been still having lots of luck with bottom fishing above the bridge...

Still getting tons of perch...Have not caught a croaker in a month.... but still getting Perch and Rock bottom fishing....Trick for me has been bait and depth....Clams have worked well, Much more shallow depths say less than 10 feet have work....Stripers pushing bait up into shallows...Still getting decent sized fish....

Have finally been seeing breaking fish and bait balls above the bridge but the trick for me has been swim shads...

Just hate trollong...Can ya tell ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STMAN View Post
I went out at daylight Saturday in hope to hit the croakers one more time. I went to my "Old Faithful" fishing hole which has produced hundreds of croaker for me this season. I fished 2 hours and only put one croaker in the box along with around 20 spot. I guess they are gone! Since they are gone my honey hole was Tolly Point in 18 - 20' of water.

I headed up to Hacketts green can to see if I could pick up some perch or croaker there. Slow fishing at best I finally hit some perch in 23 - 25' of water.

At 10:30 I am still hungry for some action so I head up to the Bay Bridge to live line the pilings. Long story short I ended up with a 22" and a 26" Rockfish for dinner and was home by 1:00.

The bottom fishing has slowed down quite a bit in the past couple of weeks. I guess I will start trolling more and more.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:09 PM

Thanks Garlien

I will give that a try!
Old 09-16-2010, 12:19 PM

Thanks for posting! yeah, I think that the croaks are pretty much gone from the mid bay. They were smaller this year but plentiful.