Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2010, 09:25 PM

Default Penny Sue Charters

Had the pleasure of joining my brother in-law, his brother and my nephew on a charter last Friday. I have been on quite a few charters over the years and always welcome a trip with a professional to see how these guys get it done. The fishing had been slow all week and I was hoping Captain Smolek would put us on fish, as the guys in my family do not get out very often.

We left the South River on the Penny Sue, a 29' C Hawk, at daylight and set up quickly as Capt Mike allowed us to lend a hand with the boards and spread. You forget how intimidating boards and multiple lines are the first time you are faced with them, but Mike and I had the guys putting out lines like seasoned vets in minutes. First fish was on before 7am, then the beers were cracked and the stories of our old conquests started as we picked away at fish all day. Not an easy bite out there but the Capt was determined to put us on fish. LOTS of boats were on the water as it appeared most guys were trying get out before the upcoming front. As the weather worsened many of the smaller boats turned for home but we were comfortable, dry and no one got sick.

We certainly caught more than most listening to the chatter on 68. Captain Mike is top notch. A few of the charters I"ve booked over the years are long gone and its nice to find another friendly Capt who knows his stuff and is willing to let the guys on board fish. I'd certainly recommend Penny Sue to anyone looking for great half or full day trip. Prices are very reasonable and the boat is plenty comfortable.

http://pennysuecharters.com/

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the good Captain, but a good business should always be recommended.

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 04-29-2010, 03:38 AM

Glad to hear you guys did well. We did not do so well in the fish department on our charter Saturday, only one but 43" 35 lbs, but still had a great time being on the water.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 AM

Glad you guys had a good day Paul!...........Gary