Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2010, 07:49 PM

Default Severn river fishing report

The grass shrimp are back and if you have a shrimp net its time to let the kids catch the bait.The best time to go is low tide ,around piers,bulk heads,grass beds and old tires in the water.The best way to keep them alive is out of water why shrimp will group up in a bucket and make body heat and within an hour start dying.If you have a small cooler ,you can make a wooden frame tray with screen on the bottom and make it fit close to the top of the cooler.Now put a little ice in the bottom of the cooler and spread your shrimp out in the tray up to 1/2"deep no more cover with wet news paper one page close the lid your ready for fishing.The shrimp will live up to 3 days out of water and you can do minow too.So good luck and god bless............woody p.s.went out on the 25th and caught 80 white perch on glow-jig with grass shrimp up to 11"

WOODY'S TACKLE
by MARYLAND TACKLE
Old 06-01-2010, 08:10 PM

Great info.........
Do you mind letting me know where you see the best fishing for perch? My fiance & I love fishing for perch - and we've had very little luck in the South River..... We can definitely make our way up to the Severn River area.

Let me know whatever info you can....

Thanks - Buddy
Old 06-02-2010, 10:16 AM

Buddy - if you can make it to West End bar/grill tonight ( Weds 2nd ) - the Severn River Rod and Keg club (SRRKC ) is meeting at 7 pm.

Bring a chart - the guys can highlight some likely spots to try.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcuster View Post
Great info.........
Do you mind letting me know where you see the best fishing for perch? My fiance & I love fishing for perch - and we've had very little luck in the South River..... We can definitely make our way up to the Severn River area.

Let me know whatever info you can....

Thanks - Buddy
Is your father's name bill cluster my friend

WOODY'S TACKLE
by MARYLAND TACKLE
Old 06-02-2010, 07:46 PM

No - I'm the 3rd...... Paul Francis Custer III..... Both my grandfather and dad's nicknames were Buddy - passed down to me. (I'm from the Philly area.)

I missed the SRRKC meeting tonight. Do they meet every Wednesday? And.....you're talking about the West End bar/grill right on West St. in Annapolis - right? I live right behind the hospital - so, I'm very close to there.

Thanks - talk soon.......
Old 06-03-2010, 08:15 AM

Are you fishing from a big boat or small if small work the shore lines ,grass beds,sand bars,trees in the water,bulk heads,boat houses and piers.I use my glow-jigs now with a float set about 24" above the jig and the colors are for cloudy days yellow chartreuse glow w/ a glitter tail and on brite sunny days white glow w/ a glitter tail and using no bait.On cloudy days the fish move around for food but on brite sunny hot days you will find the fish in the shade,that's right in the shade where its cool.If the tree as a shade spot on the water you will find some nice fish in it or a big log in the water the fish are under it keeping cool and waiting for food to come to them.I love piers for big perch up to 14" so I work every openning in the pier where there is shade.I cast up under the pier and pop the jig 2 times an let it sit and then pop it again an sit again and by that time it gone and then fun starts.I took my friend sid fishing today Jun 2 2010 we caught about 100 perch 8" to 13" and he took home 60 the rest we let go.We were fishing on the severn river at round bay area but the fish are in all the rivers you just need to know what to look for on what days.So if you plan to go good luck and god bless..........woody

WOODY'S TACKLE
by MARYLAND TACKLE

Last edited by tacklemake; 06-07-2010 at 11:23 PM.