Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-07-2010, 11:34 PM

Thumbs up Severn River Fishing Report Update

I went out today June 7 2010 on the severn river and took another friend fishing white perch.We had low tide all day because of the wind was out of the NW at 15 to 20 and the water was cloudy,but the fish were there.It was mostly a brite sunny day so the fish were in the shade waiting for food to come by,so we use my white glow-jig with a float set about 24"above the jig and we cast up under the pier in the shade and pop the jig 2 times and let it sit an pop it again by that time its was gone.Since the tide was all the way out all day the fish were under the deep end on shollow piers and middle to the end on deeper piers.We also started to catch them on my feather spinner baits,the fish we caught were between 8" to 14" and 1 real big white perch broke me off and I use 10lb test line.We caught over 50 today,but curtis only took home about 40 nice fish.So if you plan to go good luck and god bless ..............woody
Attached Images
File Type: jpg curtis 2.jpg (74.6 KB, 28 views)

WOODY'S TACKLE
by MARYLAND TACKLE

Last edited by tacklemake; 06-08-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: need to upload a picture of curtis and fish
Old 06-08-2010, 05:50 AM

Sounds like a fun day and that's some good eating there. Thanks for the report....
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com
Old 06-08-2010, 08:18 AM

Default sidthesquidtkle

I have gone with Woody and his glow jigs work.I went out with him on the 3rd of June and had a great time catching white perch.The biggest fish was 12 3/4".most of the other fish were from 10 to 11 inches.I will be looking forward to going on the Severn to fish with other friends to show them how to work this glow jig.There are a lot of people out there that only use "bait" for perch,but not needed when glo jigging.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:32 AM

Man,
I love the Severn!

Those perch are everywhere!
Looks like you had a great time. I know they will eventually stack up right off of Sherwoord Forest, along with the Blues and Spot. Looks like you went out of Smith Marina, thats a short run to Sherwood!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:34 AM

Nice mess of perch there, sounds like a fun a day on the river.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:33 PM

I went fishing today June 10 2010 and the tide was high going out at 6 am.I was fishing with 3 new friends and we had 2 boats.The wind was 10 to 15 and the bite was glow-jig for about 2 hours then the feather spinner bait took over for the rest of the day.We caught about 40 fish in my boat and I don't know how many the other boat had.We caught white perch, yellow perch,sunfish and rockfish, but no big white perch you know 12" and up.The rockfish I had caught were 1 at 8", 2 at 12" and 1 at 19 1/2".My friends in my boat only wanted the perch from 10" and up.So if you plan to go good luck and god bless.............woody

WOODY'S TACKLE
by MARYLAND TACKLE