Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-14-2013, 05:13 PM

Default 7/14 report

went out of solomon's today. ran down to cedar point casted around rocks for a little bit, but caught no fish. then we went to catch some spot for livening. the spot were biting really good, even caught some legal croakers.

when we caught enough spot, we ran into the pax river looking for stripers. we found some good spots with big bait balls, but no rockfish. we ran back out to the mouth of the river, found some bait balls but could no get any strikes.

other then not catching any fish it was a nice day out on the water.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:42 PM

Sounds like things are really tough down there this year. At least you were out on the water on a hot summer's day!

Old 07-16-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Sounds like things are really tough down there this year. At least you were out on the water on a hot summer's day!
I literally just got back from a trip to Hampton Virginia. We sailed (7 knots) and you have plenty of time to look at the water and see signs of life. North of Solomon's, (gas docks) I could see bait flipping on the surface, birds diving (terns up north, pelicans south), boats fishing (Sunday,all over the mouth of Eastern Bay and Poplar Island). South of Solomon's, it was deserted. No signs of life all the way to Hampton. I may as well have been on I-95
Very disappointing

5th
Old 07-17-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
I literally just got back from a trip to Hampton Virginia. We sailed (7 knots) and you have plenty of time to look at the water and see signs of life. North of Solomon's, (gas docks) I could see bait flipping on the surface, birds diving (terns up north, pelicans south), boats fishing (Sunday,all over the mouth of Eastern Bay and Poplar Island). South of Solomon's, it was deserted. No signs of life all the way to Hampton. I may as well have been on I-95
Very disappointing

5th
I wonder what has caused this issue the past couple of years? I remember last year wasn't too good down there either. Have the Potomac snakeheads adapted to saltwater quickly and eaten all the baitfish? Has the Washington BS overflowed and finally floated down the Potomac to ruin the lower Bay?
Old 07-17-2013, 03:52 PM

There are three Solomon Island boats (charter boats) that have moved up to Deale in the past couple of weeks. I don't know the guys personally, but I would think it must be bad down there for them to move up here.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:10 PM

i think the next time that i get out i am going to try around northern areas like the gas docks