Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 AM

Default North To Mid Bay 8-16-2013

Fished out of the Gunpowder River on a friend’s boat. I am not familiar with that part of the Bay. Always nice to explore different water, started out on Hodges Bar catching Spot perch and nice channel cats. While we were catching bait, a few Rock Hall boys were sneaking in shallow water Bottom bouncing. They were picking up fish slowly looked to be a small grade of fish. We had our plan scheduled for live-lining, so we pushed around the corner to an edge in front of Rock Hall. Anchored up and commenced fishing, Bam fish on! Nice 21” in the box then we were swarmed by small rock 17 “ after a half hour of small fish we decided to move south and see what was going on. Ran to Pidicory a few boats anchored up but nothing happening. Hackett had small rock some more spot and perch for us, nothing of size. Moved further south ran into some breaking fish on the eastern shore stopped and played with them on LTJ rods small twister tails white and anything silver was the ticket. These fish were smashing silver side so any lure that mimicked a silver side was getting crushed. Once again small rock 13- 17” did manage 3 Blues from the breakers in the 18 – 20” range nice! Once again time to move, further south we went. Found a small bunch of boats anchored, investigated and saw some nice marks, moved around until we found our pod and anchored up. Fish on! nice 23” in the box then a 22” and a few more of there buddies in the same size class joined us. Also hooked 2 more nice blues and pulled them in before they cut the line.

Finished up our limit and headed back North My buddy swore me to secrecy and said do you want to catch some nice perch? He took me to an area with structure that I have been blowing by for years and delved out some super secret intelligence. We rigged up and first perch over the side was 10” then a few more all ranging 9” – 11” as we moved off the honey hole smaller perch would jump on7 – 8”. Back into the honey hole big perch…..

Interesting thing about the area was we only caught perch, nothing else mixed in with them. Definitely, a perch hole. Always nice to go out with different people.

Cooler was looking nice, sun was headed down, Bay was calm and still had an hour ride back to Gun Powder. Roughly, 75 miles on my Friends boat. If Walleye Pete normally runs 50-70 miles a day WOW… We had beautiful weather, good crew and fish that cooperated.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 08-18-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:15 AM

Thanks for the report. I have run into some of those big perch as well. They make a great dinner.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 08-18-2013, 01:49 PM

You boys logged some miles in that trip! Sounds like things have slowed up a bit above the bridge