Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2011, 09:10 PM

Default Eastern Bay Thank You

To whoever called the Coast Guard and DNR around 6:00 PM tonight to report a boat illegally fishing for rock in the eastern bay, thank you.

Was glad to know that we can make a difference and that both the coast guard and DNR responded swiftly to the incident...

We have enough to deal with, North Carolina poaching, Gill nets, we don't need people doing that stuff in our own back yard...

Anyway, thank you !
Old 05-03-2011, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
To whoever called the Coast Guard and DNR around 6:00 PM tonight to report a boat illegally fishing for rock in the eastern bay, thank you.

Was glad to know that we can make a difference and that both the coast guard and DNR responded swiftly to the incident...

We have enough to deal with, North Carolina poaching, Gill nets, we don't need people doing that stuff in our own back yard...

Anyway, thank you !
It's legal to catch and release in Eastern Bay.

Also the line is Kent Point to Wade's Point for the start of Eastern Bay. I have the numbers if anyone needs them.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:35 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
It's legal to catch and release in Eastern Bay.

Also the line is Kent Point to Wade's Point for the start of Eastern Bay. I have the numbers if anyone needs them.

Thank's Red for the great news.Maybe we used petition the state to make the rock fish a game fish and put a stop to netting them..................woody

WOODY'S TACKLE
by MARYLAND TACKLE
Old 05-03-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklemake View Post
Thank's Red for the great news.Maybe we used petition the state to make the rock fish a game fish and put a stop to netting them..................woody
Maybe we should ban all recreational fisherman from keeping rock fish.
Oh, that's right we don't know who was up in Eastern Bay, but well blame the rec guy anyway.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
To whoever called the Coast Guard and DNR around 6:00 PM tonight to report a boat illegally fishing for rock in the eastern bay, thank you. !
I have it on good authority that Seal Team 6 has orders to shoot anyone they see fishing in Eastern Bay in the eye.

"Catch & Release - A picture is worth a thousand fish"
Old 05-04-2011, 03:04 PM

Red face

Quote:

Anyway, thank you !

From your post, I would assume the illegal boat was YOU, and you're being sarcastic.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kimbro View Post
I have it on good authority that Seal Team 6 has orders to shoot anyone they see fishing in Eastern Bay in the eye.
Won't do any good cause they won't release a photo! No pic..I call BS.........Gary
Old 05-04-2011, 07:43 PM

Damn fellas...Was not me...

Be honest I was glad that someone called into DNR about "poaching" (sorry, I was not so specific...You make this feel like a Tidal Flush Inquisition)...

I would actually like to catch some nice fish this summer and in future years...If people keep fish illegally and fish illegally with nets, etc...My kids might never see the fish that I see today, much less those I saw 30 years ago....

Hell yeah I was fishing that day, north of the bridge, and as always all of mine went back....

Again, just glad that A) someone else cared enough to call in an illegal activity that effects me and my kids future and B) That the Coast Guard and DNR responded quickly to the call....

You might feel differntly than me, and thats cool by me, but I am just throwin my opinion out there...