Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2013, 01:16 PM

Default Chessie27's boat

Here is a video of Chessie 27's boat running.. All I can say is that I am jealous.

http://youtu.be/a0utEgtq-8s

She cruises at 28knots!

bhl (bruce) has the same boat. Just without the seagull cooker-type radar.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 03-15-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:13 PM

That video is OK, but to really get the true feeling, you need to be standing on the deck (like I did) while at speed
She virtually leaps up on plane and gobbles up the chop while running to the fishing grounds.
I felt a little bad about suggesting we troll down by Bloddy Point when Jeff had her slipped above Tolchester (not this year, she will be right where the action is off Kent Island). We (Allan and I) saw her from Sandy Point as she headed south to pick us up at SP State Park. We climbed aboard and raced south duplicating the speed of my 27 Judge. I was impressed
What a great platform to cruise or fish the bay. I know Jeff (Justified), Bruce (Hook 'em), and Steve (Conjuror) are tickled with their boats.
Best of luck to all of them this fishing season (I already received invitations to fish with them this year at Bill's Open House).
5th (Marty)
Old 03-15-2013, 11:29 PM

You are right Marty. The 36 eats up a chop. It just "nudges" through it. I have been on the Hook'em before Bruce owned her (It was Bill's old boat named Blue Moon). Bill has done wonders with that hull.. Now if only I could tow one behind my Tundra (and tell my kids that they are SOL for college help )
Old 03-16-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
(and tell my kids that they are SOL for college help )
Now you see where the name JUSTIFIED came from!! No college bills, weddings, cars, braces, diapers, room and board, need I continue??? Sure I may have no one to take care of me when I get old but who cares, I can always hire a nurse ( hopefully I'll get the one that is in those movies on "Skinemax" late at night )

Thanks for posting that video, too bad it wasn't rough as hell out there 'cause that is when the 36' really shines!!

Old 03-17-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Now you see where the name JUSTIFIED came from!! No college bills, weddings, cars, braces, diapers, room and board, need I continue??? Sure I may have no one to take care of me when I get old but who cares, I can always hire a nurse ( hopefully I'll get the one that is in those movies on "Skinemax" late at night )

Thanks for posting that video, too bad it wasn't rough as hell out there 'cause that is when the 36' really shines!!
I brought my 36 back from Kent Narrows to Herrington on Friday. 10 to 15 sw with gusts to 25. I had to slow down to 20 knots because I didn't want to spill the coffee I had brewing in the Mr. Coffee.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 03-17-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
I brought my 36 back from Kent Narrows to Herrington on Friday. 10 to 15 sw with gusts to 25. I had to slow down to 20 knots because I didn't want to spill the coffee I had brewing in the Mr. Coffee.

bhl (Bruce)
What the he!!; I thought you were suposed to be doing 2.8 - 3.2 back across the bay (dragging 6 lines).
I guess the "shake down" went as planned I'm glad to see you're back in the slip and ready to go.
5th (Marty)
Old 03-18-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
What the he!!; I thought you were suposed to be doing 2.8 - 3.2 back across the bay (dragging 6 lines).
I guess the "shake down" went as planned I'm glad to see you're back in the slip and ready to go.
5th (Marty)
Marty,
I did drop 2 lines one deep and one back 180' for about an hour. But I didn't do that untill I got over by 83 where it started to flatten out. I was alone and the wsw wind made it pretty rough on the east side. I did see more bait on the east side. Some of it was balled up pretty good but deep. Most of what I saw on the west side was scattered. 41 degree water.

Yes, the sea trial went well and I had no surprises, and that's good because I hate surprises.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 03-18-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
Marty,
I did drop 2 lines one deep and one back 180' for about an hour. But I didn't do that untill I got over by 83 where it started to flatten out. I was alone and the wsw wind made it pretty rough on the east side. I did see more bait on the east side. Some of it was balled up pretty good but deep. Most of what I saw on the west side was scattered. 41 degree water.

Yes, the sea trial went well and I had no surprises, and that's good because I hate surprises.

bhl (Bruce)
Oh yea, and I didn't catch anything.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:28 AM

I didn't realize you were by yourself. You should have asked, we could have found someone to go with you
When we were out last Monday, I was thinking how big the bay is when trolling 6 lines, no wonder you didn't catch anything dragging only 2 lines
Glad all went well. John and I may be out this Wed. for another scouting trip.
5th (Marty)
Old 03-19-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
I didn't realize you were by yourself. You should have asked, we could have found someone to go with you
When we were out last Monday, I was thinking how big the bay is when trolling 6 lines, no wonder you didn't catch anything dragging only 2 lines
Glad all went well. John and I may be out this Wed. for another scouting trip.
5th (Marty)
I think I will deploy my entire 6 rod spread on Friday.

bhl (Bruce)