Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-04-2015, 06:27 AM

Looks awesome!!! Can I get her number????

Old 03-04-2015, 04:46 PM

I work for a large printing company and we do quite a bit of shirts too. Unfortunately we are more set up for longer runs and not short runs.

You need to find someone who does "direct to garment printing" (google that term in MD) for full color short run shirts (sort of like a laser printer for tee shirts). We have a machine we use but our minimums are like 24 pieces on it. Unfortunately for 2 sides you are looking like $22 a shirt at that quantity too for 2 sided with us. I am sure a mom and pop shop with smaller equipment can do better.

Now if you had a long run and wanted to sell them on line, I am your guy! I think you ought to get a couple thousand at a pop! (we typically get competitive at 12 dozen plus)
Old 03-05-2015, 04:57 PM

I use Tradewinds in Elkridge , Md - about 6 miles NW from BWI airport.

They do a good job and have decent prices for set up / screens. The first run will cost more due to these being rolled into the invoice.

They use good quality T shirts - I often get 4-5 years from work shirts.

410 796 - 7500 is their number. I think min. is about 36 pieces but you can mix / match T shirts , long sleeve and sweat shirts.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:37 PM

The problem with small quantities with that logo is that it is a lot of colors for screen print. You are looking and min of 6 colors per side from what I see. That alone is likely ~$22 per screen for set up anywhere you go for set up. That is ~$260 in set up alone and doest include the price of the shirt or imprint. Once you have the screens though, you have them. Most screen printers will not set up that many colors below 144 pieces. That is why you need a direct to garment printer. Tradewinds is a screen printer so they likely wont be able to help.

There was a direct to garment printer in Annapolis named Idle Time Advertising but he sold his equipment due to lack of volume. I think Walleye Pete used a direct to garment printer for his shirts. You may want to give him a call.

If you can scale down colors to outlines or just a couple of colors, it would save you a ton of money. That is why I went cheap and came up with a 1 color logo.. I also do my shirts 1 sided

Last edited by B-Faithful; 03-05-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:44 AM

I have turned the girl over to a graphic artist to tweak and get just the way we want it.

As far as actually getting T-shirts made, I have received a couple of PM's from guys with suggestions but I have yet to make any calls - still waiting on a final design.

The multi-color issue I will address with the graphic artist and try to trim the number of colors down. My Hell's Belle logo was one color and I know those were expensive.

If I had to guess, our initial order will be for something like 12 Long-sleeve and 24 short sleeve pocket T-Shirt just for us, family and a few guys on the dock (I always think it's funny when the mate on boat "A" wears a shirt from boat "B").

The plan is foe a small logo with lettering on front left breast and large logo with lettering on the back. I'd also like to get "Lucky Strike" down the left sleeve on the long sleeve shirts.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:25 PM

More I look at your drawing - more I'm sure her twin dances at " Lust " on the Block.